Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS (Sealed Reflex Sight)

Trijicon SRS (Sealed Reflex Sight)

The Trijicon SRS (Sealed Reflex Sight) represents the highest level of performance from a sealed reflex-style sight. Because of its innovative design, the SRS takes up less rail space while maintaining the durability expected from Trijicon. The shorter housing eliminates the tube-effect typical of other sealed reflex sights. Featuring a large 28mm aperture, the Trijicon SRS provides a massive field of view for quicker target engagements. The 1.75 MOA dot is small enough for precision and with 10 brightness settings it can be bright enough for any speed. Finally, the Trijicon SRS features dual power sources — an innovative solar cell assisted by a single AA battery.

I've been evaluating this optic for almost two years.

Pros:
    - fantastic, forgiving FOV
    - sharp dot
    - compact
    - QD lever mount is excellent

Cons:
    - expensive
    - when light hits it just forward from directly above you get internal reflections*
    - durability*

The SRS went back to Trijicon for warranty repair after about a year - failure to illuminate.

Trijicon repaired the loose battery connector and also applied an anti-reflective coating (which I assume is standard now) which almost completely reduces the internal artifacts and sharpens the dot up.

Normally I'd just say Aimpoint PRO and drive on, but the SRS is now pretty much everything I ever wanted in a "reflex" or red dot optic - it's killer for my applications. It's the only optic I can mount from my weak shoulder and still keep both eyes open.

REMINDER: If your optic uses a battery to perform it's function, have zeroed BUIS on your carbine.

How is the battery life (asks the guy who has access to Google)?

Let me back up and ask some more intelligent questions.

-Does it work with other brands' magnifiers?

-is the solar panel only a supplement to the battery or will it run the optic if the battery is kaput?

-can you speak to how well it works for folks with astigmatism?

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    How is the battery life (asks the guy who has access to Google)?

Let me back up and ask some more intelligent questions.

-Does it work with other brands' magnifiers?

-is the solar panel only a supplement to the battery or will it run the optic if the battery is kaput?

-can you speak to how well it works for folks with astigmatism?
    I have seen from other sources that the solar panel will power the optic if it is on, and you remove the battery, but if it is off, and the battery is dead/removed, it will not power the optic on.

I don't know anything about magnifiers, I don't use them.

The solar panel did not power the optic when mine initially died, presumably due to a loose battery connector.

If you're asking about the dot blobbing out... it can do it a little but it's a sharp dot. If you have a bad problem with Aimpoints blobbing out then this might be a little better but I think it's the same basic tech.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412559808.414354.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  38.8 KB

In action.

I really like Trijicon products but I am surprised by the amount of people I know who have to send their stuff back for warranty work. Mostly on RMR's and a similar problem to what you describe.

I don't doubt you, but I've seen numerous issues with Aimpoints and EoTechs also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I don't doubt you, but I've seen numerous issues with Aimpoints and EoTechs also.
    No doubt. I mostly have a lot of experience on the RMR as I used to teach for a company who pushed them heavily so I got to see more of them in class than some.

Like I said in my original post: if your optic uses batteries to perform it's function, have zeroed BUIS on the gun.

User Tag List