Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus - Look at this mess

Bulls: long known for producing large quantities of one thing...

You do know it was built on Smith and Wesson machinery and is just as good as S&W right?

(lolz)

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    You do know it was built on Smith and Wesson machinery and is just as good as S&W right?

(lolz)
    And that the Brazilian Seals use them....

Update on the Taurus 82: I got the trigger pull under 20 pounds.

I had to straighten the mainspring strut with a f***ing hammer.

Site Supporter
    Dude, whoa.

Guess I'll just chalk another tally to the "many reasons I'll not buy a Taurus." list hanging over my workbench...

You know...because Taurus hater.

*ETA: There is a "Reasons I might buy a Taurus" list too, but it only says "Because PT92."

Ever since they ditched their Single Action revolvers, I got to actually take apart a PT1911, and they ditched the pump action rifles, there is only one thing I would actually even consider them for. Everybody says that Taurus puts out so many new models, but honestly, they get rid of models that I'm actually interested in at an alarming rate. smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It will all buff out......in about a year's worth of work
    Perhaps, but the real question is "will there even be enough material to make a functional firearm after all the work is done?"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Took it to the range today. I fired 420 rounds through it as fast as I could stuff the cylinders. It survived just fine. Accuracy wasn't great, and when I was done I found out why. The one or more of the chambers isn't lining up correctly with the forcing cone, resulting in this:

Name:  10419565_804749316255169_8972054688852185749_n.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  51.9 KB

Notice how the right side of the frame (above) has bright silver discoloration around the cone. That's lead shaved off from the way the cylinders are aligning, and you can see how it smears fouling down the barrel.

Name:  10676226_804751329588301_2428016700504978760_n.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  46.2 KB

Here's the left side for comparison. No major issues, likely because everything is getting shattered on the right side of the frame. On a side note, my Colt revolver that's older than I am had none of these issues with the same ammo, despite older Colt's reputation for having timing issues.

I believe the forcing cone strikes are part of why everything was going left of the sights and why accuracy for a 4 inch revolver was well below what I've come to expect.

But the babe at the Taurus booth at SHOT was hot.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention; under the force cone? You see those shiny bits on the frame? That's where the cylinder is impacting the frame because it doesn't lock up super tight.

And yet, you will still get called out on "Gun Nuts" for being a snob & hater.

User Tag List