Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Utility of a WML for Concealed Carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For me, it seems like the utility of a WML is opposite between long guns and handguns.

With a long gun, there is almost no reason not to have a WML on or available. Little change in profile, pretty easy to activate, no holster issue, etc. With the handgun, for me the WML use is very specialized and uncommon. Definite compromises with size, comfort and holsters.

For field/nocturnal use, a nice feature of my new 7000 series Safariland ALS holster, is the same holster works with and without a light, with and without a DG switch, simplifying planning. Of course it isn't a Fairfax County concealment holster.

A good laser sure is nice in low light conditions.
    George,
    I can't seem to find a 7TS with the ALS for a Glock with a light, do you have a model number or where you ordered yours? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I do have a PML on my nightstand gun, but I have yet to find a light that makes me happy for use with my G19.
    What don't you like about the Surefire X200/X300 series?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    He's cheap

I'd like a scaleable 50-200 Lumen 1 battery light - I don't have a problem with the X200/X300 series on a duty gun - but for a CCW on a 19sized gun - a little smaller would be nice
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have one, actually two, but it turns a G19 into a package as long as a G34, so I'm not sure what the point would be.

I have at least five pistol mounted lights on hand, including two X300s

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I'd like a scaleable 50-200 Lumen 1 battery light - I don't have a problem with the X200/X300 series on a duty gun - but for a CCW on a 19sized gun - a little smaller would be nice
    I think the 19 with an X200 is prolly better than my 17 with an X200 but it's still comfortable and quite doable. Tony Mayer/JM Custom really makes good stuff. I'll be using this setup in the upcoming EAG COC course in a coupla weeks.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I do have a PML on my nightstand gun, but I have yet to find a light that makes me happy for use with my G19.
    Have you looked at the updated Inforce APL? It use's a clamping screw similar to the TRL1 instead of the cam that was reported to self eject from the front of the gun when firing. Doesn't appear as long as the X300, but is 200 lumens. I don't have one as i'm happy with my Surefire, just another option.

Remember these suckers?

Attachment 2637

The XML's were crap for lumen output but the size of the light was perfect. I wish someone would put out something like this again but with a higher lumen output and using some different batteries. Those CR-2 batteries were a pain to find and were wicked expensive. I hate getting stabbed in the junk every time I sit down when sporting something with a WML. Would be nice to have choices.

Excellent points, Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If he doesn't know my position already, then how is he attacking me?

If I've got my gun out, it's because they've already "targeted" me and know my "position". I'm not laying ambushes on the Ho Chi Minh trail, I'm getting jacked in an Indianapolis alley.
    Maybe somebody else is getting jacked and you happen upon it. Accomplices, lookouts, etc., may not know exactly where you are. Be nice to keep it that way for a while, no?

Like I said, lights and other gear just give you options that you can use to support your tactics.

Okie John

If someone else is getting jacked, I'm calling the cops and staying out of it. My duty is going home to my family safe, not running around putting myself in unnecessary danger trying to save others.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

User Tag List