Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Utility of a WML for Concealed Carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A handgun with a Surefire light and a DG switch comes in very handy for recreating at night with a dog, where one of your hands may be holding a leash.
    This is my primary use for a WML. I spend a lot of time outdoors with my dog's and having a leash in one hand limits your ability to use a handheld (which I always have on me).

This is an experiment of mine that is ongoing. So far, the comfort is far better than I thought it would be but the first time I got into a vehicle and sat down was a shock compared to AIWB.
    #RESIST

For me, it seems like the utility of a WML is opposite between long guns and handguns.

With a long gun, there is almost no reason not to have a WML on or available. Little change in profile, pretty easy to activate, no holster issue, etc. With the handgun, for me the WML use is very specialized and uncommon. Definite compromises with size, comfort and holsters.

For field/nocturnal use, a nice feature of my new 7000 series Safariland ALS holster, is the same holster works with and without a light, with and without a DG switch, simplifying planning. Of course it isn't a Fairfax County concealment holster.

A good laser sure is nice in low light conditions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Of course it isn't a Fairfax County concealment holster.
    I'm one county over but you hit the nail on the head. This is an experiment of mine but so far it looks good. For those with small children, a WML equipped handgun in a bedside safe is much more feasible than a long gun with an WML.
    #RESIST

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    If it's something as small and easy to add as the CT trigger guard units than maybe.
    It adds virtually no bulk to the gun, and I stubbornly remain unconvinced of the downsides of being able to better see what I am shooting at.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It adds virtually no bulk to the gun, and I stubbornly remain unconvinced of the downsides of being able to better see what I am shooting at.

While I agree completely, I have yet to find a single CCW outside of the house case where the defender needed a light of any kind to PID the bad guy involved.

It's tough for bad guys to rob people when the lights are completely out, just something I've noticed.

While I agree completely, I have yet to find a single CCW outside of the house case where the defender needed a light of any kind to PID the bad guy involved.

It's tough for bad guys to rob people when the lights are completely out, just something I've noticed.
    There you go, throwing buckets of cold logic on my thoughting
    #RESIST

I shoot the gun faster with a light on it. My main reason for carrying one. Also I've found the prototype DSG WML AIWB holster I'm using to be slightly more comfortable than the non WML version (go figure right?).
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Oh, definitely. In general, I don't think pointing the gun at something and squeezing a button on it is a good idea if it's not something I've already decided I need to shoot.

(But if I've already decided to shoot at it, I don't mind seeing it better while I'm shooting.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    I shoot the gun faster with a light on it. My main reason for carrying one. Also I've found the prototype DSG WML AIWB holster I'm using to be slightly more comfortable than the non WML version (go figure right?).
    You'd shoot it even faster if you replaced the batteries with lead shot.

User Tag List