Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Utility of a WML for Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    You'd shoot it even faster if you replaced the batteries with lead shot.
    That is the "Sap Mod" ! Necessary to make a plastic pistol as good a club as a 1911 or N frame. Could go hi tech and fill with tungsten.

Gaming like that will get you killed "on da streetz".
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

This is a technical forum.

Night sights, WMLs, and hand-held lights are just more tools in the bag. You may be able to identify ability, opportunity, and jeopardy without additional light. Whether (and how) you engage from there is a tactical issue, and I think that a lot of people war-game their gear without properly considering tactics. For instance, given the increased likelihood of multiple assailants, lighting up the night--which gives away your position and gives the bad guys a gorgeous target indicator--may be a very bad idea.

Better to have options.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 10-03-2014 at 11:48 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Gaming like that will get you killed "on da streetz".
    I was (mostly) kidding, of course. But I'm hanging it out here and admitting I like having a light on my gun and I want your backup, John; you don't need to hide behind the reduced split times. The light-using community needs good role models like you.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    which gives away your position and gives the bad guys a gorgeous target indicator
    If he doesn't know my position already, then how is he attacking me?

If I've got my gun out, it's because they've already "targeted" me and know my "position". I'm not laying ambushes on the Ho Chi Minh trail, I'm getting jacked in an Indianapolis alley.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I was (mostly) kidding, of course. But I'm hanging it out here and admitting I like having a light on my gun and I want your backup, John; you don't need to hide behind the reduced split times. The light-using community needs good role models like you.
    Role model, hah.

Comes down to "Does having one negatively affect my ability to carry/conceal the gun?" Nope.

"Could it possibly be of some benefit, even if it is unlikely?" Yup.

Easy choice, for me at least.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post

Comes down to "Does having one negatively affect my ability to carry/conceal the gun?" Nope.

"Could it possibly be of some benefit, even if it is unlikely?" Yup.

Easy choice, for me at least.
    I'm leaning towards this reasoning. That and the aforementioned happenings of me grabbing a WML equipped handgun when the German security firm is alerting at night. I've trained to use a handheld and a handgun in conjunction and I've shot at night using a WML equipped handgun. Guess which one was way easier?
    #RESIST

I do have a PML on my nightstand gun, but I have yet to find a light that makes me happy for use with my G19.

I don't carry pistols without a light - except my BUG (and if I could squeeze something on a Shield and not gain size -- I would...

While I may not need it -- it does free my other hand for activities (dialing 911). I can think of 1000 reasons to have it - even though the chances of use (in a CCW) are minor/very rare.

Down side is I cannot AWIB (I've tried) - however I decided to keep the CCW where the duty gun is (albeit under a shirt).

I carry my handgun for the unlikely times I may need it -- I can carry a WML - why would I not?
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

User Tag List