Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: K frame crash course

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    So, revos only are allowed to have pouches forward of the centerline on the strong (holster) side. If I move my pouches to the weak side, they have to be behind the centerline.
    So the pertinent rules seem to be 8.6.3.5 & 8.6.3.6. In 8.6.3.5 the wording is "may be worn" in front of and if within 1 inch of the holster. 8.6.3.6 refers to "additional" loaders located weak side behind the hipline. So is this a gray area allowing your primary loaders to be located weak side in front of the hipline as long as they are concealed by the vest or another garment? Hmmm.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Sorry if I've not been clear. IDPA sez that if elect to wear pouches weak side for revolver they must be behind the centerline.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Picking the brain of an Officer in my Division who is "old school" and cut his teeth on a wheel. He's been after me for a while to become a real American and get a revolver...he's happy now. So today he brings me some "old school" ammo. He says there are far better carry loads now but wanted to share some vintage stuff.
    [URL="[URL=http://s675.photobucket.com/user/elliott6229/media/100_1309.jpg.html][/URL]"]

Holy cow… vintage is certainly the word for that stuff.

See here for a good discussion on what to feed your M-64 snubby.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...es-thread-move

Nice piece, BTW. Pretty much the gold standard for a plain vanilla, work-horse .38 revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Nice piece, BTW. Pretty much the gold standard for a plain vanilla, work-horse .38 revolver.

Big thanks to Okie John who has me a bobbed hammer inbound.

A lot of good info covered in this thread. I've studied up and have added a spare.

Randy Cain has a two day revolver course next month in FL

http://www.guntactics.com/schedule.htm

Revolver Skills
    Dec 8-Dec 9
    Lakeland, FL
    OPEN

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I heartily approve. This has been my bedside gat for... heck, about a decade now:

Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

While we are doing pictures......here is my new baby. This thing makes me very happy. It will be getting some VZ grips.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Is that a 3" 681?

*sigh*

I had just finished hatin' you and now I gotta start all over again.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Looks like a 3" Ladysmith 65. I have been looking for one for a while. I have a 3" 65, but really wanted the LS version.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List