Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daily Derp

Daily Derp

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Honestly, I lost interest the moment I seen a Blackhawk Serpa and XD.
    My first thoughts too, which were instantly confirmed within just a few meager seconds.

ETA- I thought for sure I was going to see that student ND into his ankle on the post push-up, stressed reassembly, HSLD, reholster.

The question is, how many times could you shoot that yahoo while he's going through the chicken-dance draw stroke? At first I thought I could put seven or eight in him, but that assumes I wouldn't be laughing my ass off.

Makes one wonder about this rash of Israeli combat gurus from Israel seen on the Yootoobs showing off their Mad Israeli Shootin Skilz. How many of these guys were actual hardcore pistol shooting tactical badasses, and how many spent pretty much the whole of their IDF time picking up litter around base, driving trucks, or other similar .mil glamor jobs?

There are plenty of vetted and experienced instructors here, some of whom have served in Tier 1 units, that offer open enrollment courses. Spend your training dollars accordingly.

Well one of the Israeli Combat type instructors responded to ENDO:

This is a very small portion of the letter, and the guy apparently doesn't believe in paragraphs. You can read the whole thing here:
    http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...ng/#more-44072
    There are 3 types of Israeli training offered on the open market today (for all of our methodologies, shooting, Krav Maga, etc):

1) Real/legitimate training which is based on our modern approach and is Good. Good enough to say that the rest of the world needs to shut their mouths and open their ears because they have more to learn from us on the subject of real world combat than they can ever teach us.

Fact is the entire world, including the US, lost it’s virginity to modern warfare, especially against terrorism, only 10 years ago, while we (Israel) have been fighting it, to survive (not as a luxury like the US and the rest of the world) for the last 70 years.

I can give conclusive evidence of the above statement by virtue of two prolonged experiences:

First, My position during my last term of service at the Israeli Special Forces Counter Terror School as commander of our International Training Section where my job was to train all the US SpecOp units and the units of the rest of the world involved in the ‘Global War on Terror’ that would be sent to us to learn our methodologies before deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Most of their units came with open minds….and more than enough came with the same piss filled attitudes comprised of more ego than brain and certainly experience (and I am referring to the US’s TOP units), such as the individuals posting on this ‘discussion’.

In the latter instances, I would have to spend more of my time educating them on just how ‘naked’ they were in today’s theater of operations against real terrorism. This was too easy to do. I would simply set up force-on-force scenarios with our instructors playing the ‘terrorists’ and them the ‘good guys’.

I would do nothing more than set up situations that we encounter on a daily basis which they have never even imagined of, let them rely on tactics they use which are based on nothing more than outdated experiences and theories, and let the results speak for themselves.

I have had high ranking commanders of these US Spec Op units apologize to me in person for their unit’s “We know everything” attitudes once they were presented with the results of these scenarios. And, furthermore, there have been numerous US SpecOp units that have incorporated our methodologies and tactics into their current SOPs.

Second: I still spend the majority of my time training Mil and LE Spec Op units around the world in our methodologies. These internet warriors that are making their ridiculous, immature, experience lacking comments, are individuals I encounter regularly. I don’t have one single course I have ever taught, where I did not have the pleasure of putting them in their place with a small dose of reality.

I get it all the time….beginning of the course, they stand there staring at me, chest puffed out, arms crossed, eyes rolling. They leave at the end of the day like wet puppies.

And still, I have had numerous of these units who have adopted our methodologies into their SOPs. We (Israel) have never adopted anyone’s methodologies or tactics till this very day.

Very little of this type of training is to be found unfortunately.
    And he has an opinion of us American's critiquing this training:
    American methodologies are based on and revolve around shooting principles. Israeli methodologies revolve around dynamic fighting implementing the firearm/’shooting’ as nothing more than what it is….a tool to be used in the moment in time where it is the most effective tool for that moment in time.
    Now after reading that, watch the guy who wrote the letter's training video, it is full of derp also:

First, My position during my last term of service at the Israeli Special Forces Counter Terror School as commander of our International Training Section where my job was to train all the US SpecOp units and the units of the rest of the world involved in the ‘Global War on Terror’ that would be sent to us to learn our methodologies before deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Most of their units came with open minds….and more than enough came with the same piss filled attitudes comprised of more ego than brain and certainly experience (and I am referring to the US’s TOP units), such as the individuals posting on this ‘discussion’.

I really hope one of our forum members sees this. No, I won't bring it to his attention.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Now after reading that, watch the guy who wrote the letter's training video, it is full of derp also:
    That's some good muzzle discipline right there.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I really hope one of our forum members sees this. No, I won't bring it to his attention.
    Reads like a bunch of horseshit to me.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Makes one wonder about this rash of Israeli combat gurus from Israel seen on the Yootoobs showing off their Mad Israeli Shootin Skilz. How many of these guys were actual hardcore pistol shooting tactical badasses, and how many spent pretty much the whole of their IDF time picking up litter around base, driving trucks, or other similar .mil glamor jobs?
    Zahal is the Boise State of the world's militaries: A good record in a weak division makes casual observers rate them a lot higher than cold objectivity probably warrants.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Now after reading that, watch the guy who wrote the letter's training video...
    "Comments Are Disabled"? Quelle surprise!

I think PDB's insightful checklist applies here.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List