Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Empty My Pockets

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    MURSE!
    Unfortunately, too small. Won't fit my phone.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I broken my back in 1989 and it still cause me problems. My tri fold wallet is full of stuff and is pretty thick. While at my Parents house my mother said I ought to carry it in my front pocket.
    Man it was hard to do at first.
    You know muscle memory and all.

Another thing that help me is wearing cargo pants and shorts. I use the side cargo pockets a lot. And Im the tallest of all the family members at 5.8

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I broken my back in 1989 and it still cause me problems. My tri fold wallet is full of stuff and is pretty thick.
    IMO trifold is the bulkiest wallet design, you're basically putting everything in a single stack. I switched to one of these years ago and besides the material being really thin, unstacking your stuff as much as possible makes a nice flat wallet.

http://www.all-ett.com/mens-wallets/...al-wallet.html

There are some others with that same layout, but I like the All-Ett best. The lightest material isn't the most durable, but they're not expensive so even if you replace it every couple of years, it's not a big deal. They do also have one with a leather exterior that would probably last longer at a very slight increase in thickness.

The additional surface area does fill out back pockets more, but I have not come across a pair of pants that it didn't fit in yet.
    Last edited by mchasal; 09-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Admittedly, I have a costanza wallet. I have to carry a bunch of credentials for work, and I don't feel like carrying two wallets. Even if I took out most of the stuff in it, I think the majority of the bulk is from the material of the tri-fold design.

So, thanks for the suggestions on those wallet designs.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I had a thin front pocket wallet, but after Jody's post here, I ordered a Saddleback Leather one. Very nice! It forced me to drop a few things, but once it breaks in a little, the only thing I'll add is my hunter's ed card and hunt/fish license. Thanks for the tip, Jody!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Saddleback leather is addicting.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by mchasal View Post
    IMO trifold is the bulkiest wallet design, you're basically putting everything in a single stack. I switched to one of these years ago and besides the material being really thin, unstacking your stuff as much as possible makes a nice flat wallet.

http://www.all-ett.com/mens-wallets/...al-wallet.html

There are some others with that same layout, but I like the All-Ett best. The lightest material isn't the most durable, but they're not expensive so even if you replace it every couple of years, it's not a big deal. They do also have one with a leather exterior that would probably last longer at a very slight increase in thickness.

The additional surface area does fill out back pockets more, but I have not come across a pair of pants that it didn't fit in yet.
    I have the leather one, but mine is the classic version. Very well made, soft as butter and incredibly thin.

Tumi gusseted card case with ID. A little more than most here but still small.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by PT Doc View Post
    I have the leather one, but mine is the classic version. Very well made, soft as butter and incredibly thin.
    Another vote for All-Etts. I've used them for years, and carried in a front pocket have very little bulk.
    No more "back pocket lump" tilting my pelvis to one side when sitting.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Another vote for All-Etts. I've used them for years, and carried in a front pocket have very little bulk.
    No more "back pocket lump" tilting my pelvis to one side when sitting.
    Been thinking about this, it was mentioned earlier. It must have some relation to the brand of pants, I don't sit on my wallet, its above where I actually sit. Carrying a pistol in the back pocket is a bad habit of mine, one that isn't all that uncomfortable when sitting unless I try it in a vehicle.

User Tag List