Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grab and go bag

grab and go bag

I'm looking for a "grab and go bag".
    Basically a shoulder bag that will hold 5 x 20 round magazines for my H&K MR762 rifle and a couple of pistol magazines along with a small blow out kit.
    Anyone have experience with the Maxpedition "Mag Bag Pals"?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

US Grunt Gear has something called a 'mag purse' which sounds kind of close to what you're looking for. I think they only come in AR-15 flavor but they used to do custom stuff, so perhaps they could mod for you. I've never used any of their bags but have some of their pouches which are nice. Good communication too.

Combo rifle/pistol bag: http://www.usgruntgear.com/newar10mapub.html

High Speed Gear used to do a bag called the Armordilla V1 that was exactly what you wanted and more... But I don't see it on their site now. If you call Gene, he may be able to do one up for you. They were around $200 when they were production, and probably more as a custom. Awesome bag, worth every penny!

I use a Maxpedition Jumbo Fatboy. It does the job well enough.

Site Supporter
    I like this one... Got it for father's day.

http://www.uspeacekeeper.com/Product...ment_pack.html

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter

Jody- Size/space limitations? What's it for? Options to carry more than what you list, or minimalist loadout? Visibility?

I've used Sneaky bags, a bunch of the US Peacekeepers (dozens currently issued), various Maxpedition versipacks, the TT Crossfire, and others. All will carry what you list, but each has particulars that could give them the nod.

Also, some info here: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...rry-Sling-Pack
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Jody- Size/space limitations? What's it for? Options to carry more than what you list, or minimalist loadout? Visibility?
    Exactly. Is this going to be hanging in the closet next to the HD carbine/rifle, hanging from the coat rack in the office, rattling around in the trunk...?
    I picked up a Spec Ops brand Modular Combat Bandolier, which sounds derpy tacticool as all hell, but is essentially a (no longer produced!) pair of PALS panels, mounted back-to-back, with a shoulder strap. (There's a zipper along the top seam, for documents.) I put mag pouches for AR and 1911 and a Leatherman MUT on one side. (The MUT is probably overkill, but, you know...)
    Works fine hanging up in the bedroom, if it was going to be for a trunk gun, I'd probably have something different.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Hang on the headrest of the truck seat when I have my rifle with me. Will spend the rest of the time on top of the bedroom safe that the rifle's stored in.
    AR mag pouches are way to small for the H&K 7.62 mags, so anything with those won't work.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

County Comm Mid-Range Bag or EOD Utility Bag?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List