Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boots ?

Site Supporter

Boots ?

As I mentioned in an AAR report - my good old LL Bean boots just dropped their soles clean off. Haha - I had a spare pair of low Danners - but they weren't that comfy (relatively new) and my feet were sore.

Thus, I want a new pair of something comfy and that would last. Waterproof is nice and TX is HOT.

Ideas appreciated.

GEM

I've had great luck with my Oakley boots here in Texas. Lace up and pull up styles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Keen. I have 4 pair. Love them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Keen. I have 4 pair. Love them.
    Keen here too. Pretty much all I wear, thanks to the wide toe-box. First time I tried on a pair I wondered why all shoes weren't made this way.

If you don't have a need for a wide toe box, I'd say give a look at Salomon. I currently use the XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX for anything not on pavement and non-load-bearing (I'd switch to my Danner RAT for load-bearing).

I wore a pair of Lowa zephyr boots in Afghanistan. They were comfortable, light enough and durable.

I've been rocking a pair of the Nike Special Field Trainer for the last year and a half, and I think they're absolutely fantastic. They are not waterproof, but they are very light (sneaker light) and breathable, so they're perfect for hot weather. In the winter I'll switch them out for various types of Danners.

Site Supporter
    I've had good luck with Oakley and Danner in the past. Only negative on the Oakleys was they sqeak on hard surfaces when wet. I've mostly worn Merrels here in TX, im about to buy my 4th pair. I wear a 14 wide so my choices are somewhat limited.

I recently picked up a pair of Joe's PH boots from Russell Moccasins. I can't speak to durability yet, as I've only been wearing them a few months, but they are by far the most comfortable footgear I've ever worn. I made sure to get the optional poron slip sole for cushioning, and I got the Newporter sole with 1/4" heel lift. I spent an afternoon doing some mild rock scrambling last week, and they stuck on the rocks like glue. I've already decided to get another pair of Russells, and am just trying to decide which model. They've got a suede boot that looks great for uber-hot-weather climates, but I might just get another pair of the Joe's PH boots in charcoal instead of tan.

Anyone ever tried the Belleville Mini-Mil boots? A minimalist boot is intriguing, but I'm not sure how durable they are?

User Tag List