Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Ruger lcr 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    Biggest question I would like answered is can it be fired without the moon clips (I understand the no extraction part)? One review said it can, would like to have it confirmed if you don't mind.
    I screwed this one up and forgot to try this. It was even one of the main things I wanted to try.

Long story short. Our tritium front sight for the .38 model doesnt work for the 9mm. I was so p*ssed because of that I didn't ensure to run all of the tests.
    Chris T Abernathy
    Business Development Manager
    XS Sight Systems, Inc. | XSSights.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    What weight bullets does that beast seem to be zero'd with? is a question I have.
    We only shot it with our .38 LCR Sights. They dont regulate as the front sight is too tall. We cant go shorter because it doesnt allow any room to fit the tritium vial in.

With that in mind, the closest we had to regulating was the 147gr Cor Bon FMJ marked as 900FPS, next was Winchester 9mm NATO, then the 115gr +P, the worst was Magtech 124gr.

2" low - 6" low was the range on all of these.

Chris T Abernathy

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Recoil compared to a .38 special +p.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
    I cant give a definitive on this answer. I would say recoil on the +P and the NATO 9mm was about the same if not a little better than shooting 110gr .38 Special +P. I think different grips on my J frame that matched the LCRs grips may change the felt recoil. Personal opinion only.
    Chris T Abernathy

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Is the DA pull incresed to bust harder primers used in some imported 9MM ammo?
    The cylinder latch is still gritty and not solid and tactile like the J frame.
    Chris T Abernathy

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Is the DA pull incresed to bust harder primers used in some imported 9MM ammo?
    The DA pull feels the same. I havent put it on a guage to find out the scientific numbers. The DA pull on the LCR 9mm is much better than on my S&W 438(Smoother and "feels" lighter)
    Chris T Abernathy

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Smash thanks for sharing. What range are your numbers from for POA/POI?

Sorry, that's important isn't it? I was shooting from 15yds
    Chris T Abernathy

Would a 9mm moon clip revolver make sense in this case? just thinking out loud...

Joe blow concealed carries this thing with no reload. While at home he still carries the 9mm revolver with no reload, however; he was moon clip reloads stashed all over his house...

From a money standpoint, it would be cheaper than buying .38 spcl and a bunch of speed loaders. Any merit?

Earlier in this thread there was some discussion regarding 9mm muzzle velocities from a snubbie. Below is a link to a page from the RugerPistolsForum thread discussing the LCR9. A short way down there are a couple of posts by Bruce from mousegunaddict-blog. One is a short video discussing the gun and showing his first range session with it. Following that is a post by him with some chronograph data that is a bit surprising.

http://rugerpistolforums.com/forums/...tml#post239585

User Tag List