Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense Woes

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Sorry dude, but BS. Here's your list of complaints from your original post:

(numbers above inserted by me for reference)

Only one of these (item 2) is a broken part, so you didn't have multiple "broken parts" as you posted. Furthermore, I'd like to see a pic of the broken spring. How did you determine it was broken? Did your selector not work?

The remaining four items are purely cosmetic and quite nit-picky. Post up a pic of your castle nut staking. Bottom line here is that you're running your mouth and hurting a company's reputation with no facts to back it up and an apparent unwillingness to let them make it right for you. Bad form.
    Ok Captain Hook....I'll work on my "bad form". I'm a former marine and regrettably use the f word like and & the....without malice. Everything I've said has been true, first of all. Secondly, I fully stated that the company offered to replace my gun. I'm not bad mouthing anyone. I just have a bad taste in my mouth. And yes, a lot of this is cosmetic, but STFW????, I paid for a product, I don't like it, and I'm sharing my consumerialistic dislike. Half the SME's on here have said DD rifles display small issues & mine was one of them.

If a Glock or Sig shipped with a broken spring & cosmetic issues, everyone would hop right on the QC bandwagon with their pitchforks chanting "Shoulda got an HK"...do it with an AR apparently & it's no big deal.

"Half the SME's on here have said DD rifles display small issues."

Really? I have not heard that from anyone else. If you want to be taken seriously, then I suggest you let this go!
    Last edited by Little Creek; 10-02-2014 at 05:38 AM.

I think he is saying compared to other rifles of similar price, he is disappointed in his AR. I find it hard to stomach the amount of effort Ash and little are putting into proving to everyone there choice of rifle is awesome. Even doc states DD would be OKAY which in other words means the rifles in the same class (KAC, colt, and BCM) are a better choice. If you like DD, okay we get it now. This thread wasn't started for you to defend your pet brand, it was started by WDW to explain his issues and his experience with DD.

WDW, as a former marine, I got your back

Edit: delete. I'm here to learn & improve my pistol skills, not argue about AR15's. Plenty of other places on the web for that.
    Last edited by ASH556; 10-02-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Let's get back onto the technical discussion. Now.
    #RESIST

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    "Half the SME's on here have said DD rifles display small issues."

Really? I have not heard that from anyone else. If you want to be taken seriously, then I suggest you let this go!

Are you saying the OP 1) didn't have a bad example from DD, 2) had a bad example and is being unfair to the company, or 3) is saying something bad about an inanimate object made by a company that you have an emotional attachment to?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    Are you saying the OP 1) didn't have a bad example from DD, 2) had a bad example and is being unfair to the company, or 3) is saying something bad about an inanimate object made by a company that you have an emotional attachment to?
    I'm assuming you missed this post right above yours:

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I'm assuming you missed this post right above yours:
    Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have purchased 3 complete DD rifles.

I feel that attention to detail could be better. HOWEVER, for the price involved, they are functional pieces of hard-use equipment.

Niggles: The gap between the grip and the ears of the trigger guard on one will nibble at your finger if you aren't wearing gloves. The receiver extension on one is canted enough to see with the naked eye, but not enough to matter. The aluminum end plate on the other is "over-staked" and the chunk of metal that is staked is all but broken-through/off into the gap of the castle-nut. Most of them (2, all 3? I forget) arrived with corrosion on the bolt-tail from test-firing (rust, that when removed, left a pitted surface).

Good things: The feed ramps are polished to a sheen. They go "bang" and put the bullet where they are pointed. Their barrels are the best in the industry, hands-down, in my opinion, based on the facts of how they are made.

About SME's: SME's are...SME's. Their experience is undeniable, and people look up to them, and many have "impressive" resumes, have served our country or still do, and are, in general, pretty charismatic in their own way. They have to be careful what they say, because there IS a liability attached to that whether they want there to be, or not. An SME is not likely to take a hard line on something that they cannot readily demonstrate in court, for obvious reasons. Some companies can get very offended very fast, and have deep pockets, and you never know who will read that post/repeat that post/wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Witness Larry Vickers when he no-longer worked for Daniel Defense. He no-longer recommends them, but you will NOT find him saying ANYTHING bad about them. He will not include them in lists of carbines when you say "What should I buy?", etc. So really, you have to not only read between the lines with an SME, you have to look at their personal history with said product/company, as well.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 10-02-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Unobtanium and all reading: I wasn't kidding about the technical discussion aspect. That means.....not a discussion about SMEs.

My admonitions in this thread are not open for discussion nor to be ignored.
    #RESIST

User Tag List