Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense Woes

Daniel Defense Woes

Well, after hearing about the frequency of QC issues that seem to I ocurr with DD guns, I decided to actually sit down & look at mine (haven't had a lot of free time lately). Long story short, I regret not getting another Colt or BCM. The castle nut is not staked in any serious way, the safety detent spring was broken from the factory, the castle nut has some weird discoloration running down the side, the grip screw was almost impossible to remove & then reinstall (threads are prob fucked) again from the factory, & there is a noticeable gap between the trigger guard & grip.

Given how f***** up all these simple things are, I can only imagine how screwed this thing is internally and on a more technical level. I've sent an email w/pics to DD & their rep was pretty dismayed & said she didn't blame me for being upset. She offered to completely replace the gun if I sent it in (which I am).

I know this is completely my fault for accepting this thing, but frankly at the FFL I was in a huge hurry & did a quick look over with a basic function check. Hopefully they can sort this out.

man im sorry to hear that. Makes me view their carbines in a different light. Really the only guns I see recommended right now are bcm, colt, kac, noveske, and smith.

Post pics?
    #RESIST

Sucks to hear this but give them a call and they'll make it right.

Long story but I parked my truck on my DD upper and rode it down side of a step hill/mountain messing it up pretty good. If I recall they paid shipping both ways knowing it was my fault and had the upper back to me ASAP so I could use it for the rest of my hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Sucks to hear this but give them a call and they'll make it right.

Long story but I parked my truck on my DD upper and rode it down side of a step hill/mountain messing it up pretty good. If I recall they paid shipping both ways knowing it was my fault and had the upper back to me ASAP so I could use it for the rest of my hunt.
    Great CS =/= Great QC.

I've been looking at getting an AR, and DD was on my list. This post - and a couple others on other sites about their rifles recently - have been making me leery, and leading me into the "I'm willing to spend stupid money on this rifle, just so I don't have to worry about it" territory.
    Sheep Have Wool

Back when the DDM4 was initially introduced (2009?) I picked up one of the first ones and it had a couple of issues, mostly tolerance stacking involving the lower and safety. They propmtly replaced it with a new one in short order. The carbine otherwise was fine. Earlier this summer I got a URG from G&R and it's been great. No flaws to speak of, runs like a top. Hope it works out in your favor!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Post pics?
    I will when I get home & get a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Have Wool View Post
    Great CS =/= Great QC.

I've been looking at getting an AR, and DD was on my list. This post - and a couple others on other sites about their rifles recently - have been making me leery, and leading me into the "I'm willing to spend stupid money on this rifle, just so I don't have to worry about it" territory.
    I'd get a colt or BCM. I have multiple examples of both, and while I know any gun can have issues, I personally have never had an issue out of either of those 2 brands. It was a toss between the DD & another BCM & I deeply regret, rue, & lament my choice.

Like I said in another thread...

Their barrels are still the best around at any price, imo, in their class (hard use non precision)

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Like I said in another thread...

Their barrels are still the best around at any price, imo, in their class (hard use non precision)
    Well, maybe I'll keep the upper. That lowers gotta go though. I don't care if they do fix it. I've got a bad taste in my mouth only a rampant colt can fix.

User Tag List