Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: H&K MR762

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Agreed, sorry for contributing to the derail. Jody, the real fun is watching said hate's effect on the steel over the 5.56's
    Yea, nothing like watching 5.56 make the steel sway gently at 300 yards and the 7.62 makes it flop and spin all the way around the stand.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

One thing I've noticed with H&K "over engineered" firing pin safeties is there's no impact on the primer when chambering.
    That means no worries about dead primers from repeated impacts if you have to load and unload the same round multiple times.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I now have 360 rounds downrange with zero lube, zero cleaning and zero malfunctions.
    I took it out of the box wiped it off externally and started shooting.
    I now have a solid 50/225 zero on the iron sights and was ringing the 8" gong at 200 yards "at will" with irons from all positions.
    I started doing some 3 round strings at 10 yards to learn the recoil impulse and was hammering them off pretty quickly (no timer today).
    I need to find out if a standard AR safety lever will work, I hate ambi safeties on AR's because they chew up my trigger finger.
    Fun fun fun.

Worth a look, the cutout keeps it from interfering.

http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio...lector-switch/

Jody,
    When's it taking a mud bath?

Speaking of the trigger,
    That was my concern. Had some time on an issued 416 and was not (!) pleased with the trigger. Glad it worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Jody,
    When's it taking a mud bath?
    Soon, very soon.
    It's been raining hard pretty much all day today so there'll be plenty of mud to toss it in tomorrow.

Time to get the ACOG zeroed and then off to the closest mud hole for the Baptism.

Update, macht schnell!

Danke.

I'm trying to convince myself I would be better off with a bolt gun... not working

User Tag List