Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military EDC through the ages

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    On the weight issue for modern soldiers, a very true Lightfighter Quote (7th ID - Manchu) is still true today - "100 lbs of high speed, lightweight "stuff" is still 100 lbs". The helmet, body armor, hydration system, plates, mags, radio, GPS, rifle, stuff hanging off rifle add up fast. I think knee replacements will be common for my generation.
    I already know guys younger than me with wrecked backs, and getting new knees and hips.

Our troops are seriously overloaded nowadays.

This reminded me of something else I saw earlier this year. I'm sure that they will find a way to overload the new robotic bulletproof super suits over time. http://sploid.gizmodo.com/us-army-wa...t-f-1467299501

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    On the weight issue for modern soldiers, a very true Lightfighter Quote (7th ID - Manchu) is still true today - "100 lbs of high speed, lightweight "stuff" is still 100 lbs". The helmet, body armor, hydration system, plates, mags, radio, GPS, rifle, stuff hanging off rifle add up fast. I think knee replacements will be common for my generation.
    I really, really hope they're not still making MI geeks hump 120+ pounds of EW or Ground Surveillance gear, in addition to all the soldier gear. Cuz this brought back bad memories:

This was posted on the 107th MI Battalion's Facebook page. At NTC, the Manchus thought we were 11Cs.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List