Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Temple Index

It seems like an excellent way to be disarmed.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Okay I pride myself on thinking outside of the box. So I'm going to use it as a ruse? Sort of a cell phone to the ear disguise? It will never work. Even this geek would keep saying, "TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER" as I walked around with it sticking up like an antenna.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

In my opinion a "high port" or something slightly less exaggerated with a pistol than what Abner showed in the linked to video has some practical application for exiting from a vehicle while under fire when you are concerned about muzzling yourself during your movement(s) from the interior of a vehicle, and also to avoid muzzling other friendlies/unknowns as you exit from the interior of a vehicle.

It is NOT something I would use during my scan or as a default ready position.

I wouldn't be so quick to call derp on the technique. Maybe the way it was shown in that video, but it does have a practical application elsewhere.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 09-18-2014 at 06:50 PM.

The Temple Index

I've seen a technique from a very highly trained guy (you'd all know him) where he held the gun more or less beside his head, muzzle up. He said he used it primarily in PSD applications.

edited to add: it looked a lot more like Sabrina than the still I saw from the above
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 09-18-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
    I first saw mention of this technique this morning on ENDO.
    http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...index-of-doom/
    Apparently a reply from the trainer in question.
    This is a good reminder, "If you can't laugh at yourself we will surely do it for you." Haven't we all said or did something like that and a second later it was, "Did I just say that?" (:
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Supposedly full time LEO and trainer for his PD.
    In the video, he uses past tense: "Having been a cop myself. . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by JWinTN View Post
    In the video, he uses past tense: "Having been a cop myself. . . ."
    Is that so? Shall we call that position Segway Ready?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Nevermind. More careful viewing shows a single spare mag. :-/
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Have Wool View Post

That's where I first heard of it as well, although the video seems to use it in a different context than the article. While it seems a little scary at first, Steve Fisher seems to be a pretty well rounded guy training wise (from an outsiders persepective anyway). As with anything, it will have it's detractors and proponents and only time will tell if it becomes a mainstream staple.

In the context of vehicle movement, as in the article, it seems to have benefits. Having never trained around vehicles, others with experience may be able to point out flaws in this arena.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I can deal with the whole high-on-meth-port scan thing. I mean conceivably you might end up in some kind of crowded environment where people are jostling past you after you just saved the world by shooting a supervillain and you'd want some kind of hard reference for having your gun point in the safest direction. Obviously it doesn't seem likely, but okay, whatever. Different strokes for differently-abled folks.

I cannot, however, deal with that backpack.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List