Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Temple Index

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Unexpectedly falling with a handgun tucked in close to the body ala SUL can result in bad things happening if there is no engaged manual safety (think Glock, Sig, revolver, etc...) and a button, zipper, toggle, piece of gear, or other item engages the trigger...
    I suppose if you do SUL wrong and don't place a hand between the gun and your chest, I could see that happening. Maybe.

AS - Since it has happened several times in the real world, including with some very experienced folks, I'd say you are off-target.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I suppose if you do SUL wrong and don't place a hand between the gun and your chest, I could see that happening. Maybe.
    ok so now I'm pretty sure your a SUL kinda guy. Also your statement about untrained, i guess I do not get your point there. Also when using SUL to move you are literally flagging everything in front of you and not using one of your arms to move you faster. *pump your arm=faster leg movement*. Also no I do not get your point because I AM trained and do not go condition black like UNTRAINED people do. There is a time and place for everything, including SUL or high port, so ya.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    ok so now I'm pretty sure your a SUL kinda guy. Also your statement about untrained, i guess I do not get your point there. Also when using SUL to move you are literally flagging everything in front of you and not using one of your arms to move you faster. *pump your arm=faster leg movement*. Also no I do not get your point because I AM trained and do not go condition black like UNTRAINED people do. There is a time and place for everything, including SUL or high port, so ya.
    ......condition black, I AM trained....LOL

......condition black, I AM trained....LOL
    well if your gonna try to make a productive thread into us arguing I'm done. But yes, condition black is a real thing.

*edited to ask if its trendy to say your untrained now?
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 10-25-2014 at 08:43 PM.

It's far from being that simple, and your quip kind of proves you do not understand the problem.

Wink

that is referred to as sabrina not temple index they require 2 hands on the gun, and it occludes vision

Hi Tam

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve f View Post
    that is referred to as sabrina not temple index they require 2 hands on the gun, and it occludes vision

Hi Tam
    Hi, Steve!

(Point Of Order: One hand is "Half Sabrina", two is "Full Sabrina". At least that's how I learned it. )

(PPS: I'm wondering if Scott Reitz's latest column in S.W.A.T. wasn't kicked off by this latest round of intertubes pig-wrestling...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

IMHO Uncle Scotty does in fact know what time it is.

Being he was brought up.....
    Scott's wife gets mad at me because I will bring this stuff up at dinner. Listening to Scotty going full rant in a high end West L.A. restaruant is beyond funny. Brett just looks at me and says "why do you do this to him". While Scott is not big on changes, he has also been witness to a lot of the good idea fairy stuff and what happens in the field with them. He also has investigated and testified at a ton of shootings where you see where fantasy ends and reality begins. Add this to thirty years at LAPD with 25 in Metro, and it makes sense to figure out that maybe he actually has a clue. We use and teach the same technique taught at Scotty's place for vehicle stuff. I would still use it today. I know for fact it works. With that said I can see where a couple of holes could get filled with other things in limited, unique circumstances.
    Essentially, over the years I have added stuff that flows well with the low ready. We have found that low ready is the place where fights tend to start and hopefully end quickly if you do your part and is the fastest way to get from muzzle off to shooting. It also is a safe place for the gun with a go flow to retention when it isn't. That is what I want in a ready or a default. Everything else simply becomes a place to put a muzzle when low ready is not a go place due to some unique situation. Those unique situations are very rare for most people. For those folks who want to press the limited situation positions into defaults, well, "bless your little hearts", and good luck with that.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List