Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Temple Index

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is a joke, yes? Yes?

Site Supporter
    That will cleanse the gene pool...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Is a joke, yes? Yes?
    Supposedly full time LEO and trainer for his PD.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    When I read the thread title I thought we were talking about the flashlight temple index .... I can't say I've ever seen this version.

I first saw mention of this technique this morning on ENDO.
    http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...index-of-doom/
    Apparently a reply from the trainer in question.

I've heard of that being used by .mil, wearing armor, in a tight team environment. In this context, or most others, it makes zero sense IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I've heard of that being used by .mil, wearing armor, in a tight team environment. In this context, or most others, it makes zero sense IMHO
    I also distinctly recall DocGKR speaking about how Kyle Defoor utilized a variant of it for running with the handgun, not to mention the aforementioned Tom Petty/Steve Fisher vehicles class.

Beyond that, Matthew Graham (who popularized the eponymous Graham method) also appears to utilize this temple index during the scan and assess:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Qm2mHQ_Ok#t=162

I guess the problem here is that there is no context for why it is used (and the rebuttal on ENDO certainly doesn't clarify anything). I have some SWAGs as to why he might do that, but they're really nothing more than that, so I'll not embarrass myself by broadcasting them to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I also distinctly recall DocGKR speaking about how Kyle Defoor utilized a variant of it for running with the handgun, not to mention the aforementioned Tom Petty/Steve Fisher vehicles class.
    Todd mentioned something similar in a class a while ago for running with a handgun in a public space. The visual appearance of a person running and holding something black/shiny up to their ear isn't nearly as startling as someone at low ready.

User Tag List