Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

here are my current EDC Pocket knives.
    Name:  20140926_081304.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  54.0 KB

da6d

Does anyone like Tactical side openers with blade 4inches or over.

I wanted the D2 by Lonewolf it had a 5inch blade version but for some reason I never could come up with the cash.

Now I do like smaller 2-3.5inch side openers? But I like the blade to be pretty wide

Rich,

I have a ZT0560BW that I like a lot. It's a big knife (3.75" blade) and I wouldn't carry anything longer.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I've carried the ZT 0400ST since early '09. It's slick on one side, so it doesn't tear up my pockets and it is big enough to handle most chores without being obnoxiously large. Heck, I've even batoned with it to chop firewood in a pinch. That being said, I've been lusting after a CRK Sebenza for months now. I may have to buy one just to see what all the hype is about.

Site Supporter
    I did carry a ZT 0350 for a while, but the job I'm at doesn't take kindly to weapons of any sort, so now I just carry sharp wit, foul language, and a hard head.

But that 350 still goes with me everywhere that isn't work. I used to be a knife fiend for a while, but after getting that blade, I just didn't see the reason for any new knives.

Of course, in the inverse of this thread, I did have a Cold Steel Spartan for a while, and that's the knife I most regret buying. Trying to get that out of a pocket without guillotining your fingertips was a real trick, and I'd sooner carry a butterfly knife than to lug around something that fills the entire pocket up, may or may not take off your distal joint, and sags your pants on one side....what can I say, I saw some guy put a 300 lb weight on the knife and thought it might be something I'd need. You know, because reasons...

For about 15 years, my everyday folder was an old Benchmade Elishewitz Stryker. It was a high school graduation present from a good friend, and I loved that blade. Finally, I decided that it had too much sentimental value to risk losing, so I ordered one of the Emerson/Kershaw CQC5Ks. I like that knife quite a bit, but I'd prefer it about 10-15% larger. I'm tempted by one of the CQC6s, but for whatever reason I like having handle scales on both sides of the knife. I'm still wishy-washy on the Wave. I haven't gotten it to work reliably and repeatedly yet. Then again, I don't see my pocket knife as a primary, secondary or even tertiary weapon. I have a pistol, BUG, and a china pick for that.

^^^coincidentally, I just dug my Stryker out of the safe to tote again for a while.

Last edited by Totem Polar; 10-03-2014 at 01:01 AM.

Nice. I've got a similar combo, except mine's a black blade, and a Submariner instead of the Omega. Great knives and I wish Benchmade still made the manual version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ^^^coincidentally, I just dug my Stryker out of the safe to tote again for a while.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    For about 15 years, my everyday folder was an old Benchmade Elishewitz Stryker.
    My Stryker was probably my most often-carried knife. (I confess I'm a knife knerd with a pile of knives, but I'd go for months at a stretch grabbing the Stryker off that pile.) But I'm pretty enamored with the waved Spyderco Delica I've been carrying for a while now.

I picked up one of the Chicom-made Kershaw/Emersons, a little CQC-5K, and I might give it a whirl. I have to admit to being addicted to the wave.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    My Stryker was probably my most often-carried knife. (I confess I'm a knife knerd with a pile of knives, but I'd go for months at a stretch grabbing the Stryker off that pile.) But I'm pretty enamored with the waved Spyderco Delica I've been carrying for a while now.

I picked up one of the Chicom-made Kershaw/Emersons, a little CQC-5K, and I might give it a whirl. I have to admit to being addicted to the wave.
    I may just need to practice with it more, but thus far it's more annoying than anything else. It tends to partially open, whether I want it to open fully or not at all. I think part of it is that my pants have a double-thickness reinforced spot for knife clips, and it's hard for the wave hook to get purchase. It opens much more consistently when drawn from, for example, gym shorts. But it seems like whenever I just want to take it out surreptitiously (like, for example, in the office break room when I need to poke holes in the cellophane over a frozen lunch), it snaps open or partially open. And when I want it to come out and engage, it either misses entirely or comes partially open.

It's funny, though, what a creature of habit I am. I carried that Stryker every day for 15 years, except when in formal dress. I have one of the blue-titanium Elishewitz Sentinels for wear with a suit and tie.

User Tag List