Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

I grew up carrying Spyderco knives, mostly Delicas and an Endura. I got turned off because I broke God knows how many of the plastic pocket clips, and went to one of the only other options at the time, the Gerber EZ-Out, because it had a metal pocket clip. Sure enough, I bent it badly. When I tried to bend it back, it snapped. Cue cursing ($35 was a lot of money when I was in high school). The Gerbers never seemed to hold an edge like the Spydercos either. I still have one of the old broken Enduras (eventually the lock snapped in half, maybe bad metallurgy?). I should dig that out and send it in for replacement one day.

This is my EDC Delica Wave. The blade used to be pointy on the end. I love this thing! It's ridden in my left pants pocket everyday for about 6.5 years. I thought I lost it some time ago. After cursing and tearing the house apart (the wife says I had tears in my eyes) I found it in the depths of my lazy boy. -Celebratory man screams lasted for hours-
    When I do the "you got everything pat down" every morning, it starts Delica, wallet, keys....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post

This is my EDC Delica Wave. The blade used to be pointy on the end. I love this thing! It's ridden in my left pants pocket everyday for about 6.5 years. I thought I lost it some time ago. After cursing and tearing the house apart (the wife says I had tears in my eyes) I found it in the depths of my lazy boy. -Celebratory man screams lasted for hours-
    When I do the "you got everything pat down" every morning, it starts Delica, wallet, keys....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    stick type sharpeners can round off the point / tip

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    stick type sharpeners can round off the point / tip
    I do use the Spyderco Sharpmaker so I'd say that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    For about 15 years, my everyday folder was an old Benchmade Elishewitz Stryker. It was a high school graduation present from a good friend, and I loved that blade. Finally, I decided that it had too much sentimental value to risk losing, so I ordered one of the Emerson/Kershaw CQC5Ks. I like that knife quite a bit, but I'd prefer it about 10-15% larger. I'm tempted by one of the CQC6s, but for whatever reason I like having handle scales on both sides of the knife. I'm still wishy-washy on the Wave. I haven't gotten it to work reliably and repeatedly yet. Then again, I don't see my pocket knife as a primary, secondary or even tertiary weapon. I have a pistol, BUG, and a china pick for that.
    Talk about semi-old school, I carried a Benchmade Walter Brend Combat Talon for many years until I retired it. Tried some lower end Spyderco's but the clip kept loosening so I retired them too. Later on I went with a RAT model 1 folder but when I retired from the military I figured I didn't need one that large anymore. These days (last few years), I've been using a Kershaw Skyline and SAK silver alox Soldier...have the Soldier on me always.

I've been through a lot of knives. These cover 99% of my needs.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbj22 View Post
    I've been through a lot of knives. These cover 99% of my needs.
    What deep carry clip is that on your Delica?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    On bladeforums, Casey (username theoriginalspaceman) makes these out of titanium. Awesome guy.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Looks like one of these:
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...itary-2-Police

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...-PM2-Manix-etc

Site Supporter
    I carry a Zero Tolerance 0350 everywhere.

Except California, which I'm going to Wednesday. I feel weird without a knife.

I can't leave the blade clipped on my pocket. However, I still carry it and use my car keys to open boxes in important places.

User Tag List