Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 3913

Pretty sure there is or at least was a "G" type conversion available through the factory. I think it depended on when the gun was made.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Pretty sure there is or at least was a "G" type conversion available through the factory. I think it depended on when the gun was made.
    Wait I had something for this...Here we go: http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...kcer-only.html

I had that one saved in a pile of links from when I was doing research on a potential 3rd gen project.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For years, I thought the decocker/safety was terrible. After having used them now, I actually don't mind them at all. I would mildly prefer a G style decock only function, but I can live with the combination decocker/safety, and don't consider it a significant factor in my assessment of a pistol. There are even situations I prefer it being a safety too, like off body carry or where the pistol is separated from me.
    Oh, I don't hatehatehate it; my thumb is just really lazy: "I just worked the safety! Now you want me to move it back again? That's, like, a whole quarter inch! Work, work, work!"
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I was a huge S&W 3rd gen fan and carried a M5906! For a spare I had to pick between the M3913 and the M6906.

I choose the M6906 because it held a few more bullets and wasn't that wide.

The M6906 was pretty accurate compared to big brother also easier to hide.

I carried both appendix and at my side.

The M5906 with its heavy frame makes for soft shooting 9mm and so far was the easiest 9mm for me to shoot.

I like the side opener.

If the gun fits your hand, learning to run the S&W safety properly makes it fast and sure. Once I got the hang of things (and coming from carrying a wheelgun on duty that took some work) I carried all of my S&Ws on safe.

I got to shoot my 3913 LS today. Not as much as I would have liked but 50 rounds. Shot these two groups, 25 yards offhand.

First group I called the one shot high. Second one felt fine. I really love this little pistol.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I keep saying that the 3913LS is one of my favorite single-stack nines ever. It may give up a tiny few style points to a Beretta Type M, but style don't make the bullets fly straighter.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I keep saying that the 3913LS is one of my favorite single-stack nines ever. It may give up a tiny few style points to a Beretta Type M, but style don't make the bullets fly straighter.
    Word!

While S&W may have marketed the LS line of guns to the fairer sex, they were very popular with the guys as well. Especially the 3913LS.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List