Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: S&W 3913

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Man, that thing says "Early '80s" as sure as leg warmers or loafers with no socks...
    Penny loafers with sweat socks is early "60s" as I remember it.

I am SO waiting for leg warmers and the soft clinging sweaters to come back. That and 80's big hair makes me weak to this day.

Thanks to GJM for the tip, I now have mags coming for the 3953 I got for my daughter.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post

Thanks to GJM for the tip, I now have mags coming for the 3953 I got for my daughter.
    Heck, I've got eleven of the suckers; wish I'd known you needed some for the gal.

10-4 on the big hair. That, a mini-skirt, some throw-me-down-and-do-me spike pumps… man…

Okay, finally got the 3953 to the range. It NEEDS some new sights, just because the front is sort of buggered up and I hate 3 dots. Trying to shoot it like an auto or a LEM is no good. Had a bunch of issues with short stroking it. Tell the brain....."It's a revolver"........bingo. You very much have to shoot them JUST like a revolver. If you do that, it shoots great. It would make a good deep concealment gun, especially combined with an air weight J frame where both guns triggers work the same.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Midway just got OEM 3913 flat base mags in stock.
    Greg Cote LLC has flat and curved now too for $33.95 I think.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Sorry to revive this, but does anyone besides trijicon make sights for this thing? I recently picked one up and I absolutely hate 3 dot sights. I am also curious why they don't make these guns any more. The DA trigger is better than any other DA/SA gun I have shot and the SA trigger has to be one of the best SA triggers ever with an extremely short reset. Any leads on sights would be appreciated though.

I don't know about large sight manufacturers but Novak still makes variations of their sights for that model

http://www.novaksights.com/products/...s&w3rd9mm.html

P.S. I experienced the same thing as Nyeti with the 3953 many years ago. It was at an IDPA match and I had forgotten the mags for my Glock and someone lent me a 3953; I had plenty of short strokes until I got used to the trigger. Still, I really liked that gun.

Site Supporter
    I'm teaching a class of psych/legal issues and we are discussing firearms appearance as an influence. Looking at the 3913LS vs the standard 3913 - the kids couldn't see what made the LS a Lady gun. But they were laughing at the 3913 Non-LS variant for those men who liked the gun but didn't want the LS on the slide. Then we discussed pink guns and knives -

User Tag List