Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex Razor HD 1-6

Vortex Razor HD 1-6

For an AR optic under $1500, is this scope the slam dunk that it seems to be? Especially now with a mil-rad based reticle?

I've been looking for a while now at optics for my 16 inch AR and this just seems like the best bang for the buck, with honorable mention going to the swfa ss 1-6.

I've only been able to research on the net, so if anyone has some time behind the vortex I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Site Supporter
    It has great field of view, illumination, and I really like the VMR-2 Mil reticle. It's the only scope in the price range where the tube seems to disappear on 1x. Swarovski and Kahles both do this, but for a lot more money. The only downsides are the weight and the magnification ring is a little harder to adjust than some other scopes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I've been looking as well for some good glass. I hope to see SeanM thoughts on this as well.

Have you looked at the VX6 patrol?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    I have a VX6, too. I got the German #4 reticle to get Mil clicks and I don't like the SPR reticle. Leupold would have the best value 1-6, if the just put a good reticle in the VX6. It's also 11 oz. lighter than the Vortex.

To be clear I know zip-nadda-zilch on optics.

What is the SPR?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    To be clear I know zip-nadda-zilch on optics.

What is the SPR?

It's Leupold's Special Purpose Reticle. It has 2.5 Mil hash marks which are too coarse to really be useful. The Vortex has 3 reticle options: a bullet drop compensating reticle, an MOA reticle, and a Mil based reticle. I have the mil reticle and I find the 1 mil spacing with alternating line widths for even and odd mils to be very good for what I want to do with a 1-6.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    It's Leupold's Special Purpose Reticle. It has 2.5 Mil hash marks which are too coarse to really be useful. The Vortex has 3 reticle options: a bullet drop compensating reticle, an MOA reticle, and a Mil based reticle. I have the mil reticle and I find the 1 mil spacing with alternating line widths for even and odd mils to be very good for what I want to do with a 1-6.

Thank you for the explanation. I'm specifically looking for a mil reticle for sub and super 300blk, no bdc due to sub loadings that are going to vary between projectile wieght.

John-Mark

Anybody looking at this optic or its competitors can shoot me a PM and I can have a very knowledgeable person help in your decision. I believe this model, some Kahles and others are in stock and I'll get you guys a great price.

Pointing people in the right direction is great, but advertising (or the appearance of advertising) is not allowed in technical forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Pointing people in the right direction is great, but advertising (or the appearance of advertising) is not allowed in technical forums.
    My apologies, I was just trying to help some people out. I won't offer any like this anymore.

User Tag List