Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42 vs. 642 range report

man, these 42s all seem to shoot left
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

So, Ken, you're considering this for a "low-threat environment" primary?

Yep, It's going to replace my 642/442s for pocket carry. It's rare that my primary (only) gun would be a pocket Airweight but it does happen occasionally. The circumstances won't change, just substitute the G42.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I also have to work hard to keep shots from going left with the G42. Something about the size, trigger weight and position?
    I'm thinking it's the normal grip sensatitivity of the Glock magnified by the smaller, lighter G42, grip shape and trigger weight. I'm hoping more time on the gun will fix that problem.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    man, these 42s all seem to shoot left
    Give it to a southpaw!

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Give it to a southpaw!
    Preach it. Mine prints to POA.

Only got 100 through my 42, but I'm really digging how it handles in live fire.

One failure to feed in the first mag. Mine has the old slide stop/release, and bullet strikes are plainly visible. As soon as I get a replacement I'm going to put another couple hundred through it.

It seems to hit the sweet spot. I've had tiny .380s (p3at) and tiny 9mms (cm9) and they've always felt like a paper wrapper around a handful of cartridges. IOW, they're usually fine, but sometimes you've got to hold your head just right and squint in order to get them to work.

I'm hoping the 42 is large enough to provide similar long-term reliability as the g26/g19 size guns.

I just shot mine at 20 yards, as did one of my friends, all rounds nicely centered

Makes me glad I sold my brand new 442 to put towards my G42. I can't wait to actually shoot it and will also carry it in my pocket or in a DSG casual IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I just shot mine at 20 yards, as did one of my friends, all rounds nicely centered
    No doubt! Taking my time and staying focused yielded centered hits so I know it's not the gun. I'm dry firing the snot out of it working on my petite gun grip and trigger stroke. Hoping to put another couple hundred rounds down range this weekend, but LSU is playing at home…...

My new Dark Star Gear IWB clip holster for my G42 is pretty bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Good shooting.
    Thanks.

Okie John

User Tag List