Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42 vs. 642 range report

My wife and I finally got to shoot her G42 this weekend.

Her quote : "I LOVE THIS GUN!!"

If this gun were a man, I would probably be seeing a divorce in my future. She was shooting at 10 yard and able to basically shoot the eyeballs out of the target. Moving back to 15 yards, she was keeping them in around a fist sized group. At 25 yards she was grouping them in the upper thoracic area easily. She is really wanting some Trijicon sights and holsters for it now. Any leads on a good IWB holster for a petite woman? Think Jodie Foster from Silence of the Lambs.

I am not quite as big of a fan. I had trouble shooting it. I don't have extra big hands but I have "long palms". I could not be consistent with it. It seemed to want to wiggle shot to shot with me. I didn't feel "locked in" like I normally do. I seemed to be touching the trigger with a different part of my index finger with every shot. I couldn't pull the trigger with the tip of my index finger. It was just too hard to get my finger to twist that way. I seemed to get my most consistent results I felt like I was pulling the trigger with my index finger knuckle.

She was MUCH more accurate with it than I was. Which I am sure delighted her even more.

It had almost no recoil, the report was mild (using WWB), the sights sucked. We only fired around 100 rounds. I did enjoy shooting it more than my 642 with a Pacmayr Compac grip on it. I just was not as consistent with it as I am with a G19/G26. But I was able to get more shots on target faster with the G42 than the 642.

I am not sure that I will be getting one for my own use yet. I want to do a few more sessions with it. Now if Glock really is going to be releasing a 9mm model that has a slightly longer trigger reach that would be a delight for me. I will probably wait until after SHOT and see what happens.

Look at the CCC Versaclip for IWB. It carries and conceals well. Should be good on a slim female.

Until today, haven't found a great pocket holster for my G42. Tony at JM made one for me, and I received it today. It conceals the pistol well and allows for a smooth pocket draw. While it looks BIG, it carries small! This was made for my left front pocket, and is perfect for Vertx pants.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Until today, haven't found a great pocket holster for my G42. Tony at JM made one for me, and I received it today. It conceals the pistol well and allows for a smooth pocket draw. While it looks BIG, it carries small! This was made for my left front pocket, and is perfect for Vertx pants.

I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Look at the CCC Versaclip for IWB. It carries and conceals well. Should be good on a slim female.
    The one I have for a Kahr CW9 is sweet!

I have a Kramer Pocket Holster on order, 6 - 8 weeks delivery. I've used a Kramer for my 642/442s for 20+ years and really like it. The kydex shell does a great job of camouflaging the gun to looks like a wallet in your pocket. I'm looking forward to seeing their execution with the G42.

Another 100 rounds went down range last weekend. Most of this practice session was all about emptying the gun into a single target at 5 - 7 yards. The little gun is VERY controllable in rapid fire. I didn't bring the timer, and I'm hampered by the factory dovetail protectors, but I swear the little gat shoots like a friggin 17 at ATM range.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I have a Kramer Pocket Holster on order, 6 - 8 weeks delivery. I've used a Kramer for my 642/442s for 20+ years and really like it. The kydex shell does a great job of camouflaging the gun to looks like a wallet in your pocket. I'm looking forward to seeing their execution with the G42.

Another 100 rounds went down range last weekend. Most of this practice session was all about emptying the gun into a single target at 5 - 7 yards. The little gun is VERY controllable in rapid fire. I didn't bring the timer, and I'm hampered by the factory dovetail protectors, but I swear the little gat shoots like a friggin 17 at ATM range.
    I can definitely vouch for the recoil. After playing some with my wife's G42, I finished up my shooting with my G19 loaded with 124gr Lawman. I fired my first round in the G19 and thought I was shooting a .40 S&W.

Am I the only person who wants Glock to make a .22 LR version? Now that would be a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Am I the only person who wants Glock to make a .22 LR version? Now that would be a hoot!
    Oh no me too. And lots of others. It has to happen someday. That would be a must have IMO.

Although that S&W M&P 22 compact is a very cool pistol in the hand. I haven't shot one.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Or for AA to at least make one more conversion kit for the Glocks............

User Tag List