Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Official "ToddG is so important he needs his own thread" thread

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I would have posted this in another thread but I didn't want to make it weird:

While it's awesome to see you in the welcome back Todd thread, it's SUPER cool to see you posting on the usual gun stuff, as though nothing ever interrupted your tenure here.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Glad to see you back and in good spirits!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Glad your back amico!

May God bless and watch over you...

Typically late to the party, but pleased to hear from you. Anything you need from Houston don't hesitate to call.

Stay Sharp & Stay Safe!

Black

Man, I really need to spend more time here.

Todd, it's great to hear you're doing well and on the mend.

I know I dropped the ball but I'll pick it up soon.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Site Supporter
    Todd,

Been thinking about you a lot lately, and every time I scroll through saved texts I find your number and consider calling. Rereading the texts I realize that we aren't buddies but professionals that had come together to help with a friend and colleague. But I was a mediocre student in one course, who you were able to work with patiently. You even got me to drop $180 on a AIWB. You are still in my family's prayers, and I will pay my own way to your course next time you are here. See if I learned anything. I'd pay double to listen to Todd and Other Todd tag team teach AFHF.

pat

It's great to hear you're on the mend, Todd. I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: you're probably my biggest influence on learning the ins and outs of shooting, not just for pistol, but for rifles as well.

For those who weren't there for it, back on the old Calibers forum (just barely predating the M&P 9 endurance test), I started the typical "what gun should I buy?" thread, stating I had very limited experience with actually shooting a gun. Todd was the first to reply and he encouraged me to learn how to shoot before buying a gun. His delivery came across to me as fairly snarky and annoyed me at first, but it made me realize that training is the most important factor and I've applied that simple lesson to all manner of shooting from pistolcraft to rifle shooting. Now I've yet to take a class from him but I seriously owe Todd at least two rounds of the libation of his choice for all but kicking me onto the path I'm on now.

Regarding your new bionic elbow Todd, perhaps you should talk to Dave Sevigny about how to use your new cyborg status to develop inhuman shooting skills. That or you could talk to David Sarif in about ten years about building on your new cybernetic enhancement.

Anyone here who is a Deus Ex nerd will get the last reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

It's great to hear that you are doing well!

Welcome back Todd! Glad to hear things are improving. So when's the titanium arm torture test? The maker may have some interest!

Best of luck sir!

User Tag List