Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for another great holster...

YVK- that has been my experience also. I have emailed Mark within the last month or so with questions about his products and have gotten email responses in a quick and friendly fashion. I was intially pushed away from even looking at the Garrity Gunleather because of the original horror stories from a couple years ago, but my recent emails to him being responded to in a quick manner (which communication was one of the original complaints I read about) have made me continue to look at the holster and the company as an option.

Taadski- thank you for the pics! That "tuck bump" is exactly what I was talking about and is in the direct area where I am feeling pressure/pain while wearing the holster. I thought that pain was just caused by the AIWB holster being made of kydex (vs leather) but if that pain is being caused by the "tuck bump" more than just the kydex that would be great as it would be an easy fix. I think I remember someone (possibly JodyH) say they had removed the "tuck bump" from a holster he had also, but I maybe wrong.

Does anybody have the Shaggy and a JM Custom appendix rig and prefer one to the other?

I see CCC offers a leather comfort backing with the Shaggy and am wondering if that option causes the comfort of the holster to be enough for anybody to reccomend it (because of that aspect) over the JM?

I'm pretty sure that if you contact Tony about it he will work something out with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if you contact Tony about it he will work something out with you.
    I am sure he would and I have had nothing but great experiences with JM Custom products and my communications with Tony, I just wanted to narrow down what exactly the problem I was having was caused by before contacting him...

NorthernHeat, give me shout whenever your ready, 775-686-8431 . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    NorthernHeat, give me shout whenever your ready, 775-686-8431 . Thanks
    Tony- email sent. No phone possible at this time.
    Thanks brother

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat View Post
    Does anybody have the Shaggy and a JM Custom appendix rig and prefer one to the other?

I see CCC offers a leather comfort backing with the Shaggy and am wondering if that option causes the comfort of the holster to be enough for anybody to reccomend it (because of that aspect) over the JM?
    The Shaggy for me, but not by much (fractions of an inch ride height and for whatever reason its shape works with my body better; I should take the JM out again and work with it). I also use the comfort backing but not because of issues with the holster digging in (never had that problem) but to make the kydex more comfortable against bare skin when it"s really hot.

I have a shaggy for my M&P 9 with the leather backing and a JM for my Glock. There really is not a difference in the comfort level between them. I think the JM conceals a tad better though.

Nuosu has a new design that looks promising. There are a couple things I'd change but he does custom work.

That bump is the reason i didn't get a jmc. Wasn't sure the tuck they put on the trigger guard would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    Nuosu has a new design that looks promising. There are a couple things I'd change but he does custom work.

That bump is the reason i didn't get a jmc. Wasn't sure the tuck they put on the trigger guard would be enough.

Definitely is for me but I have a thinner build. FWIW, I didn't notice any additional concealment concerns switching to one not having the bump but gained a good bit of comfort.

t

User Tag List