Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Death of the snubbie?

This is something new.

I just looked and its now on the site. I was concerned that maybe I spoke about it too soon. It's not my place to announce such things and other than being friends with the crew, I'm not associated business wise with the company.

It's called the Manta. I will give a review once I get it and carry it a bit. I've got a pocket holster that I've had for a long time (PCH) and can attest to the first rate quality (typical sparks quality).

The only problem with my original is that its for a right front pocket, and I don't carry a J Frame as a primary, so the holster does not see the use that a left front pocket rig would, as my J Frame is normally a BUG.

Looking forward to playing with the new one.

I feel that the S&W J frame fills a niche that no other gun can. It's a combo of weight, size, caliber, & reliability that is yet to be matched by anything else. I know I'll always own one.

Lost River, thanks for the info. This could fill a niche for me.

That looks really interesting. Can't wait to hear how it works. I'm 3 1/2 weeks into my wait time for a Kramer. Never thought I would spend that much on a pocket holster so I hope I like it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I'm 3 1/2 weeks into my wait time for a Kramer. Never thought I would spend that much on a pocket holster so I hope I like it.
    Just checked their site; their pocket holster looks to be unchanged from the example I have, purchased some 20 years ago. As with all Kramer products, quaility is exemplary. I wore that holster every day I was off for a decade or more; it shows that wear, but still is eminently serviceable. As the description claims, that leather-covered plastic "plate" on the outside makes the holster look like a wallet in the pocket.

The only potential issue is its bulk. It is quite a bit thicker/more substantial than many other offerings. I have been using a single-thickness-leather RKBA pocket holster for BUG use since 2006, precisely because it is super-thin, yet doesn't flop around in the pocket like an Uncle Mike's sausage sack example does.

But if I were to start carrying a J frame in the strong-side pocket again, as a primary, I'd more than likely go back to the Kramer.

Bottom line here is (IMO, of course), you won't beat the Kramer for durability and utility if you can abide the thickness. It works best in "tactical" pants, or other trousers with generous-cut pockets. Wear one in jeans, and folks will think you're trolling...

Christmas came early.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Christmas came early.
    The Kramer is my favorite J-frame pocket holster. There are some others that are a bit slimmer, but a J-frame in a Kramer looks like a wallet in the pocket.

I should say that I hate their semi-auto pocket holsters. They are WAY to bulky, IMHO.

The funny thing is the first day I carried it I noticed the extra weight more than anything. Day two I didn't notice it at all. Conceals much better than the uncle mikes type holsters.

I've been using a RKBA "Ambidextrous Pocket" for a year or so now and love it.
    Prefect retention, light weight, super thin yet stiff and disappears in my Duluth cargo pants/shorts front pocket.
    Cannot be beat for $35.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I have one of those for my 42. Works well in big pockets but needed something that would work better in khakis with the J. Concealment was the first priority.

I ordered one of the JM pocket holsters for the 42 last week. If it conceals as well as I think it's going to and cleans up pocket draws with the 42 I'm going to have a difficult decision to make.

User Tag List