Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of the snubbie?

I have run the gamut of pocket guns. I find that I always return to a snub. I find the semi's harder to draw from a pocket and when I draw a snub from pocket or iwb I have a good grip everytime. Currently my model 60 is getting carried more and more. I find its easy to carry, accurate out to 25 yards in DA, fun to shoot, fast to target. I have thought of getting another air weight but I don't find them near as fun to shoot and considering I'm used to carrying a Glock 19 the weight doesn't bother me all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have run the gamut of pocket guns. I find that I always return to a snub. I find the semi's harder to draw from a pocket and when I draw a snub from pocket or iwb I have a good grip everytime. Currently my model 60 is getting carried more and more. I find its easy to carry, accurate out to 25 yards in DA, fun to shoot, fast to target. I have thought of getting another air weight but I don't find them near as fun to shoot and considering I'm used to carrying a Glock 19 the weight doesn't bother me all that much.

Using a 3 finger grip like the Revised S&W Combat Grip makes a world of difference. Also the revised 3finger grip works well in wrangler cargo pants / shorts.
    Also the 148gr WC is softer to shoot than some of the +P loads

I owned lots of autos, and still like the k frame and j frame snubbies.

Well my snubby,is alive and well for now.

Reading through this thread the pros of the "J" have been consistently noted. For me I have retired and sold off my last Kahr PM9 and gone back to my 638 as the EDC pocket power. It works and it works well. No reason to fix that which is not broken.

I have tried many times, over three decades, to find a true replacement for the .38 snubby, but except perhaps for a smaller cartridge, for less recoil as I become more feeble, I believe I will still be toting a snubby three decades from now, if God grants me the time and health. Previous replies have covered the reasons, so I need not repeat them.

I do, usually, pack heavier than the .38 snubby, for now, so it is a niche weapon, but that niche can be quite important.

I've been carrying a snubby for forty six years and doubt I'll ever stop.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Got a great deal on group buy of Smith Shield 9mms few months back. I habitually carry BUG in Weakhand pocket. Took a 200 mile in -state investigative round trip today. Every time I checked the Shield the short mag had been popped loose. 442 is back full-time tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Got a great deal on group buy of Smith Shield 9mms few months back. I habitually carry BUG in Weakhand pocket. Took a 200 mile in -state investigative round trip today. Every time I checked the Shield the short mag had been popped loose. 442 is back full-time tomorrow.
    Interesting. What holster were you using?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Desantis

User Tag List