Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast

Thread: Descending to AR15.com status

Shutting down in the morning, folks.

LAST CALL.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    LAST CALL.
    For alcohol.

I just came in from a night run in the foothills, but before that I read every single post in this thread.

I have no grievances to air, but before this thread is locked I'd like to publicly say THANK YOU to each and every one of you.

My time is precious to me and when I'm here I never feel that it has been wasted.

I don't have major grievances. I think it's awesome that the staff has let this go on and are actively trying to improve a great forum. This place has already made me a better shooter, and I still have a long way to go.

The moderators here have a fairly thankless job, but I think you guys are doing a great job.

Sean M rocks. He has the keys to a 20k acre ranch in Wyoming.
    #RESIST

Descending to AR15.com status

Until this thread, I never knew who the mods were aside from Todd. I like it here because it's laid back. I don't agree with everybody (SMEs included), but respect everyone's point of view (and know that some are based off real world experience I will never have)... Unless it is idiotic (like carrying your pistol without a round chambered for "safety" reasons... Folks like that are still out there). If everybody agreed with everybody, we wouldn't learn anything. I hope everyone involved here will continue to post and help us all grow through agreement, disagreement, and thought provoking conversation.

I will note that Sean went nuclear with his reporting and that turned out fucking great in my opinion (see this thread).
    Putting it gently 9 months ago when armchair commandos bashed Rangers in the fight 7,000 miles away didn't work.......

Whatever.

I was simply fed up with watching other people's hard work going into the shitter.

I'm pleased some good has come from it, and I hope anyone who wants to be a better shooter can continue to benefit from the board. I said what I said, and brought it up because I owe a lot to the people who started it, and make things happen. I became a better shooter because of the information I took from them.

I'll get my matching Rampage donations out before I split town again.

Do you remember when Marty Hayes visited the forum, and made the mistake of bringing up Weaver? He was not treated with civility. It made me uncomfortable, and I was particularly disappointed by the participation of some of the staff in the dogpile. Eric Grauffel, in a recent interview, said something to the effect that shooting 'fundamentals' are always subject to (evolutionary) change; that makes a lot of sense to me. Is technique so important that we should belittle and dismiss a senior because he has not kept up? Anyway...after that argumentative thread, it came as no surprise to me that Mr. Hayes left and didn't come back.

Going forward, I hope that pistol-forum be open to discussion, respectfully, rather than argumentative challenges and tag-team attacks that seem to follow an unseen (but preapproved) script.

Sean M rocks. He has the keys to a 20k acre ranch in Wyoming.
    I need the keys to a 50 acre ranch a little further west........in my name. Feel free to donate to "Rampage for Retirement"!!

Another reason for Staff not to post here or at least why I don't post as much as I would if I was a user.
    Not something I agree with at all. Staff communication in the aegis of moderation has /always/ been framed with language that makes that moderative pose clear. Always. I've watched for it specifically. I therefore have no issues knowing when a staff member is simply participating. If being staff makes people not participate, we need less interesting people to be staff. Riehl, for example.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List