Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Descending to AR15.com status

Descending to AR15.com status

Ah, the internal dialogue I am having with myself while deciding whether or not I should post in this thread...

Reasons I stopped participating (yes I know no one cares).
    1. People arguing with me about a pistol they've never even held, let alone shot, when I've just got done putting 25,000 rounds through one. Then implying my opinion was paid for via a free gun... (That was my interpretation at least though I am more than willing to admit my vagina was bleeding profusely that particular week due to some family issues.)

2. Realizing I was making the forum a worse place with my reactions to said annoyance especially considering how often it was starting to occur.

3. My time being what it is, I decided to argue on the internet where it's my actual job (and I'm paid) to argue on the internet.

Anyway, kudos to the forum/staff/mods for this thread.

P.S. I agree, can we stop with the fucking kittens already...?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Regarding swearing, here is the profanity rule as it is written (and has always been written) in the PF Code of Conduct:

Todd wanted to enforce that as "no profanity". I recently clarified in the Staff forum that while I can't define what what "unnecessarily vulgar" is, I know it when I see it. Since then, we've softened the stance profanity. When we do encounter a post that is unnecessarily vulgar, it is unceremoniously edited to no longer be that way (without any "kitten" substitutions). No warnings, infractions, or bans are given.
    Forwarded a message to you.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    There's been no new threads or posts on pistol craft at all as far as I can tell.
    I would suggest you look here, where there have been a number of threads on pistol craft started in September:

http://pistol-forum.com/forumdisplay...p-Gun-Handling
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Regarding swearing, here is the profanity rule as it is written (and has always been written) in the PF Code of Conduct:

Todd wanted to enforce that as "no profanity". I recently clarified in the Staff forum that while I can't define what what "unnecessarily vulgar" is, I know it when I see it. Since then, we've softened the stance profanity. When we do encounter a post that is unnecessarily vulgar, it is unceremoniously edited to no longer be that way. No warnings, infractions, or bans are given.
    I type like I talk..........

I toned it down when TLG asked the SME's to do so.........but we all know he meant me. I did it out of respect for him. His board, his rules.

But he also didn't see the retardation of late..........at least not yet. And if I get kicked the fuck off the board? Boo hoo. I'm sure I'll live.

If someone finds my profane language that offensive, perhaps our members can guess my feelings on it. IDGAF. I won't/don't apologize. Much more offensive is a shithead hell bent on killing you.............if my "F-Bombs" are too much to speed read past.........stop even bothering to carry a gun. You are not, and will not be prepared for the worst case scenario. If you run into a guy like me who is not only mentally, psychologically, and physically capable of crushing you..........not to mention more than willing........you will not survive. You are better off spending your time and money on shuffleboard equpment and lessons.

Let me know if/when A) I am welcome back, and B) If/when it is worth my time.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 09-15-2014 at 05:37 AM.

Since we are picking scabs, I'll pick a really, really big one:

Your one or two weekend classes do not qualify you to discuss tactics on an equal footing with someone who has had more training in a month than you have had in a lifetime and who has actually used their training repeatedly while you went back to your job where you get fired if you show up with a gun. If that smacks of the infamous printer repair comment or whatever it was then so be it.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

It's late, I'm tired, and I have shit to do tomorrow (who doesn't? ) I expect all you smart people to have this straightened out by the morning. Oh and I better see Todd's Razoo thing up in value, as I felt generous (or maybe it's the hard cider, I don't know) and matched your matches.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

As I mentioned, Todd wanted "no profanity" but we've recently (within the past month or two) taken to enforcing the rule as it is written. No more kitten edits. If someone wants to self edit and use "kitten" that on them (and I'll think they are a dork).

I always wanted to wanted to make posts where I would intentionally use the kitten meme in correctly by saying stuff kittenfucker instead of motherfucker. That's just the kind of stuff I find funny.
    Cool, fine either way, just as long as it's known what is what. Gotta know what the rules are to play by them.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Here's my question to SeanM and nyeti, etc. about people out of their lane.

How can we enforce that?

What would you guys propose, I understand a lot of people need to just say their peace because it's getting to a boiling point. But looking at improving things long term.

Essentially, what tangible changes can we make that will allow us to begin the process of fixing the problems cited here.

I think one unanimous take away is much harder LE forum moderation. Perhaps a new code of conduct specific to the LE forum?

What about redrafting the code of conduct here? We don't want to turn this place into light fighter and I have no issue saying that; but, apparently something needs to be done.

Maybe create a senior member status? Just thinking outside the box.

I agree with MDS that we're all antsy without DOTW and a pistol test going.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Since we are picking scabs, I'll pick a really, really big one:

Your one or two weekend classes do not qualify you to discuss tactics on an equal footing with someone who has had more training in a month than you have had in a lifetime and who has actually used their training repeatedly while you went back to your job where you get fired if you show up with a gun. If that smacks of the infamous printer repair comment or whatever it was then so be it.
    Unless the tactics are how to conceal a gun in a place well enough that it won't get you fired. Then the guy packing heat in the NPE might have more relevance than say...a guy who issued a gun by a government and carries it everywhere unconcealed.

It can go both ways and is largely context dependent.

But hey, I'm just a guy who has never had to use his gun and would get fired if I took my gun to work, so what the hell do I know.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Cool, fine either way, just as long as it's known what is what. Gotta know what the rules are to play by them.
    You mean like the sticky in the LE forum...... At least when I said a bad word, I knew I was being bad and it was intended. Unfortunately (in my opinion), my bad word personal attack violation garnered more attention than the post that generated it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List