Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Descending to AR15.com status

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have no idea. Maybe because it's like Doodie but without the mean spiritedness.
    Likely!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    One more thing. The "Kitten" BS. Ok it was funny the first month or so it was implemented, but after that it got annoying. Yes we don't want too much excessive swearing, but since we are talking shooting, and as some staff like to imply toward shooting bad people. That means we are all adults. Unless someone swears every word I think the mods editing posts with kitten should remain dead.
    Shooting people on the head? Okay! Swearing while doing so? No!

Always reminds me of this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnNURx3Y6Q

A little more on the SME thing:

SMEs are not the word of God written in stone. They even contradict each other; see using the slide stop to release the slide versus the overhand method...

An SME versus a movie, however, is a pretty simple equation...

I think it is also important to look at the background of said individual and how their background is relevant to your world.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    One more thing. The "Kitten" BS. Ok it was funny the first month or so it was implemented, but after that it got annoying. Yes we don't want too much excessive swearing, but since we are talking shooting, and as some staff like to imply toward shooting bad people. That means we are all adults. Unless someone swears every word I think the mods editing posts with kitten should remain dead.
    I can't stand the kitten thing.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Oh thank god, please let's stop that

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Oh thank god, please let's stop that

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    A little more on the SME thing:

SMEs are not the word of God written in stone. They even contradict each other; see using the slide stop to release the slide versus the overhand method...

An SME versus a movie, however, is a pretty simple equation...

I think it is also important to look at the background of said individual and how their background is relevant to your world.
    Spoken from the SME of "Hoe Cakes"........wow were you right on that. I was so scared when I told the waitress that I wanted some "Ho Cakes" that she was going to do something bad to my food.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I believe that one was on me, as I don't think I notified that the mission statement of the LE forum was, in fact, changed:

The Law Enforcement Section exists as a resource for the discussion of training and equipment for law enforcement officers in the performance of their sworn duties. All members of Pistol-Forum, whatever their profession, are welcome to participate in and contribute to the LE Section, but keep the discussion confined to the topics of LE training and equipment.

All comments must remain professional without bickering or whining.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Spoken from the SME of "Hoe Cakes"........wow were you right on that. I was so scared when I told the waitress that I wanted some "Ho Cakes" that she was going to do something bad to my food.
    I'm just sad that I had to leave so quickly. The look on your face when I suggested your order them was hilarious. The only thing that could have been funnier was seeing you actually order them.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Who did you contact?
    I sent a PM to TCinVA and Lebowski on 8/14 and never got a response.

User Tag List