Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Descending to AR15.com status

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    I got hitched, too. So there's that also.
    Funny, I did too. For our first anniversary my wife bought me a Glock 19 Gen 4; I still haven't shot it.

ETA: I didn't mean to quote the entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh good lord, more paragraphs. Did I not specifically say we've found some stuff we need to work on?

Part of the reason for my tone is stuff like Dan _S and Rob_s piping in with their complaints when I know for a fact I've gone to bat for them both many times. It's OK, Rob has said that I've sold out as being a mod.

Anyway, this isn't the "conciliation thread." Despite my tone that you find objectionable, I give my word that I am taking seriously the complaints I can verify as legitimate. It's not the "Staff takes shit and smiles" thread. Free for all, get it?

When was the last time you ever heard me complain about my gunshot arm? Did you ever consider that I am sitting here and reading every single post in this thread because it's my job not because I want to endure lots of complaining? I may not be as nice as you expect a Staff member to be but....that's not the purpose of this thread. If you don't think I'm not taking these complaints seriously, either you don't trust my integrity or can't see past my tone.

I miss Wyoming.

Consider my "piping in" redacted, and completely baseless.

I, evidently, am incapable of interacting with others (in person, or online) and I'll simply remove myself from the forum.

Since you didn't reply to my PM, and then referenced me again in this thread after you must have seen my PM, I'm left to wonder if you're actually *upset* with me, or just fed up with the whole situation. Either way, my apologies for whatever wrong I've done, and that'll be all from me, forum-wise (here, and elsewhere).

You've got my email (phone number changed since the last time we spoke) but I'll be willing to discuss whatever wrong I've done directly with you, should you wish to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    What made, for example, the exchange between Nyeti and Gabe work (if you haven't read that thread, you should) was that both dudes brought a reasonable discussion to the table even though they disagreed. It got contentious at times, but we hung back and let it work out because in fairness, both guys had some good stuff to say. I was inclined to agree more with one side of that than the other based on my ideas, but we all tried to be fair to both sides...and as a result we got valuable contributions from to people who add a lot of value to the forum.
    While still undecided about my future of participation here, I will say this.......letting those threads go gave me a HUGE level of respect for Gabe. The reason I like Todd and several others is that while I differ in opinion with them, I respect them and they can articulate why they do things a certain way, and HOW they got there. Often times these are issues of different goals and different worlds that drive different means to attain our goals in our worlds. There are a ton of legends in this industry that I respect the hell out of, yet often differ in opinion on how to do things. The key in every case is the ability to articulate a why, and have some level of depth to their arguments. Those deep debates are what make things interesting for everybody. The popcorn eating spectators often get a very good education on a topic that you couldn't buy, all for the price of logging on.

Wayne and I had a very deep discussion at lunch today on the disappointment over what the LE forum here could have been. Both OAK, GJM and others were included in that conversation in a positive manner. I disagree that every nifty thing in LE shooting came from outside LE. With that said, when solid LE shooters can look at what is out there and "fit" it to a world that requires forcing techniques down the throats of people who don't care yet need to know. It is a tough job, but it is a laboratory that also returns dividends into the shooting community as to how techniques work when pressure tested on a two way range and under legal review. Essentially, this is all a two way street and I have enjoyed a majority of my time here while trying to further the process. There are some smart motherfuckers (I just want to get that out while I can ) here and I have enjoyed the debates even while HATING people in the middle of them. The most successful TTP's we developed on our SWAT Team while I was there, was during closed door screaming matches with one of our team leaders and I. Same with the firearms program. A ton of door closed, men staring each other in the eye and vigorously debating without a "rank" card getting played. No sugar coated passive aggressive coaxing.

Simple, pure, high quality and passionate debate made this forum. On topic, serious, exchanges of information about a subject that many of us here live and breath for is an awesome thing.........and also a lot of what has been missing here lately.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter

AR15.com.....Hardly

I do not have any grievances to air, however I would like to give credit to certain members that I feel make this forum a great place.

1. Todd Green: Welcome back! We missed you here. Your knowledge was missed!
    2. Jay C: I have enjoyed training with Jay, and I love his snarky forum posts. He is a solid individual and a great instructor.
    3. Orionzo6: He makes damn fine holsters and his customer service is great. His posts about LARPing and Vests almost ruined my keyboard.
    4. Tony Mayer: Same as Tom above. His customer service and attention to detail is top notch.
    5. Bill Riehl: The man is a mad scientist, what can I say. He is one of the people I blame for my Wilson CQB purchase. His technical expertise is just awesome.
    6. LL: I enjoyed LL's posts on M4C, and its great to see him here. He seems like a no BS, stand up individual. Plus, he's a Libertarian! That's good shit in my book!
    7. Tam: Should be a mod. She's funny, knowledgeable, and no BS. I always enjoy her posts.
    8. Nyeti: I would love to take a class with him, and I really enjoy his posts. His LEM as a street trigger thread is one of my favorites.
    9. DocGKR: This forum is blessed to have his knowledge. Nuff said.

This forum, while not perfect, is still my favorite gun forum on the web. I hope everyone takes ownership in this forum and makes it better for all of us!

nyeti: if you choose to go you will be missed.

That needed to be said.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

To use the standard industry phraseology:

Thanks for the kind words, Guinnessman.

All:

This is LAST CALL for airing of your grievances. This thread will be shut down in the AM.

Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm currently in your area and will be for a few more weeks. You could swing by with a check if you'd like. Same place as last time.
    I'll link up after I get back from vacation on Monday, and we'll make it happen.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Actually, I have surprisingly few grievances, and what there are are more at humanity in general. You can't stop that stuff even with Admin privileges.

I'll keep putting my oar in, avoiding being excessively d-bag-ish, and being thankful for whatever smart people want to stick around and drop wisdom bombs on me.

I'll try to not be reflexively goofy.

Happy p-f.com Festivus, y'all. Let me know who pins who. I'm gonna go play vidjo games.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

On to the feats of strength!
    I just curled a large tumbler of Dominican rum... aaaaargh.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List