Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Descending to AR15.com status

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    LL,

We all love you, dude, in a totally platonic way of course. Have that beer. Relax. All is chill, or at least moving in a chillward direction.

Attachment 2586
    Who practiced their calligraphy by writing 'Thou Shalt Not Fart'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Such a disappointing Festivus.
    You could declare that Festivus is not over until a member (chosen by vote) pins another member (also chosen by vote.) That might liven things up. Or one of us could go find and pin Jerry Stiller. Or we could try to troll Jason Alexander into trying to pin Jerry Stiller. You pick.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    LL,

We all love you, dude, in a totally platonic way of course. Have that beer. Relax. All is chill, or at least moving in a chillward direction.

Attachment 2586
    Does that paper read, "Thou shalt not Fart."?

While the Festivus thread is still open, I'd like to say something to both Caleb and Tamara:

While both of you are excellent contributors and don't offer the mods much in the way of aggravation, oftentimes when both of you are posting in a thread it can turn into Punch & Judy. If it's Romper Room it's fine - and often quite entertaining. But if you both find yourselves performing your routine in a technical forum, please stop and think about any latent complaint of "herp derp" - and then take a quick glance in the mirror.

I wanted to publicly address this, because I know for a fact that more than a handful of members consider you two "cool kids" who get away with stuff.

Please accept this in the spirit of Festivus.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I can't speak for anybody else, but absolutely guilty as charged.

I'll be honest, the "Untacticaller Than Thou*" meme that is rife across the gunternet gets up my nose and it's hard for me not to get snarky in response. I'll try to refrain better.

*Which isn't, paradoxically, because "Gray Man" is the new "Tacticool".
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I'm deeply offended by this comparison.

I'd much have preferred Statler and Waldorf to Punch and Judy.

But, admonishment accepted. To be honest, I was actually thinking about that very topic, and I went through a few of my recent posts and realized that I'd spent a lot more time just poking fun at things than actually contributing content. Usually it's in threads that I think are stupid, but I'm sure it's leaked over into other places as well..

I don't really have any grievances to air, sure I think some of the users here are probably legally retarded and should be kept away from a keyboard and internet connection, but I think that about a lot of my own readers as well. I don't know if that counts as a grievance or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Getting to know someone over the Internet is tough, at least for me it is. I wasn't too enamored with Bill when he first arrived at PF.

But, I was wrong. Bill, I think you are one of the most awesome people I've never met and I hope to get to spend some time with you some day. You got me thinking I need a couple of proper 1911s.

Tamara, you too. I wasn't a fan of the snark. As I read more of your posts, and watched how you conducted yourself when someone would call you out on something, I realized that you too are probably one of the most awesome people I've never met.

Basically I'm saying I was (or am) an asshole who is quick to judge.

I guess I just needed to call myself an asshole since it's apparent no one else is going to. Such a disappointing Festivus.
    Oddly enough I never thought you were an ass. I, to be honest, don't really remember you from the beginning. By the time you popped up on my radar, we were talking origins of Godzilla.

I thought LL was a horrible ass, though. No kidding. I'd say we are friends now, but I yapped at TLG about LL more than once (I knew him from 1911forum).

I thought TC was an ass who didn't know crap about 1911s.

I took LL's word on Jay. I don't hate him now.

JV I always thought was cool.

I thought Chuck H was a tool (sorry Chuck!).

Sean is an amazing dude. Not because of the superficial reason, but because of the generosity I have seen outside this forum from him.

Fred is cool, but gullible. I'll have his gun tomorrow, and he'll never see it again.

Until I talked to Gary on the phone (funny story, I was on the DARPA range shooting a block of armor with a 50cal when he called me), I really didn't give him a second thought. Too 9mm for me

I met TLG in person first, but the conversations I've had with him and Gary are the best gun centric ones I've ever had. Todd is the guy that showed me, off the forum, how much I didn't know. About shooting anyway.

Where I will get bent and leave is if this place goes from content focused to entertainment focused. When the "OK Cupid" threads dilute the good stuff too much, I'm done. Not if Sean stays or goes. Not if SLG stays or goes. Not if Gary stays or goes. But when the community loses it's focus.

Something that might be good to bring over from arfcom is the "SYSTEM MESSAGE" moderator post.
    That way the ruler smacking moderator is anonymous.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Remember, some people chuckle when this forum is mentioned.
    Some people chuckle when child sexual abuse is mentioned. So what is your point, exactly? It's never been our goal to be THE FORUM THAT EVERYONE LOVES. Such a thing cannot exist. I'd suggest, however, that those who chuckle when this forum is mentioned stop participating on this forum. If you don't like it here, don't come here. How simple a solution is that?

Edit - fooget abotit. Won't be same not following on Bill's last.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    I think it's your forum, so it's up to you how to set the tone you want for it.
    For the record, the forum ownership has been changed to another Staff member to guarantee continuity and continued existence in the event my own existence doesn't.

User Tag List