Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington Golden Saber Black Belt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    How bad were these QC issues?
    I've noted LOTS of QC issues with Remington ammo over the past several years. Missing, sideways or backwards primers along with reversed projectiles, are the common problems. I wouldn't touch their service ammo at all. The training ammo may/should offer you chances to address stoppages.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I was issued 60 rounds of Remington 230gr ball (green & white box; supposedly one "step" above the UMC stuff) last year at retiree re-qual. Two cartridges had no rim; as in nada, zippo. I caught those while loading my magazines, but another one that appeared normal was a dud.

Also, most of the Golden Sabre "duty" stuff is loaded overly long (bullet too far out of the case) and causes feeding issues in some pistols.

We've seen QC issues with EVERY major brand, in their rush to produce as much as they can to meet demand. But I agree with Wayne; Remington appears to have a far greater ratio of defective ammunition leaving Lonoke.

Had a dead primer in GS Bonded once... But I've also seen that in just about every major brand. Had a customer come off the range once saying their slide wouldn't open. Went out, hammered the slide open and saw that the primer had blown out instead of caving in, we pulled the bullet... And found there was no flash hole in the casing! That was the Ultimate Defense line.

Oh. Joy.
    And me with 400 rounds of 185 grain bonded Golden Saber in 45acp...

Well. Back to hydra-shock...

Seeing some duds in their Disintegrator green frang offering, all .40.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Yea I've stayed clear of remmington ammo ever since the academy during qualifications I had a primer in backwards,and almost cost me my scores... Thankfully It worked out for me...
    I started using rem GSB9MMD after Doc s testing ! And according to another test author states consistently expanding the 4lyr test. Pistol used was a Solo 2.7 inch barrel 9mm'
    Also the Lot of Remington GSB9MMD I have is some of the finest LE ammo I have had to date.
    Another reason I like that its sealed up at both ends unlike my Federal HST in 124gr and in 180gr. Also ranger T & B is hit and miss.

I bought a Box of ranger T 124gr last week and it is so far the nastiest LE ammo I have bought to date.
    primmer pocket is filled with media and the hollow point as well. I used a tooth brush & duster to clean then up. I don't want media in my pistol.
    Other than that the ammo is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Oh. Joy.
    And me with 400 rounds of 185 grain bonded Golden Saber in 45acp...

Well. Back to hydra-shock...
    I would up the weight to 230gr GSBonded

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    it was being sold for the same price as PMC ball ammo. I figured I should grab the golden saber at that price and if worse came to worst I could always use it as practice ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Local PD issues the 230gr... Over penetration is a common report. The extra velocity of the 185 should help prevent this... But NEITHER are on DocGKR's list. Only Golden Saber Bonded load on the list is the 9mm 124+ p.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Local PD issues the 230gr... Over penetration is a common report. The extra velocity of the 185 should help prevent this... But NEITHER are on DocGKR's list. Only Golden Saber Bonded load on the list is the 9mm 124+ p.
    I bet the reason its not on the list = He hasn't tested it yet . I bet 147gr and 180gr GSBonded will make his list IF they preform as well as the GSB9MMD

User Tag List