Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington Golden Saber Black Belt

Remington Golden Saber Black Belt

I read back in Dec 2013 that Remington was coming out with a load called black belt. (9mm 124gr and 124gr+p. 40 S&W 165grand 180gr and I forget about the 45ACP since I stop using it long ago. So any news about it? I suppose its bonded?

I haven't seen any news or testing on it...was wondering when it was going to be in the market.. I think i remember reading it was going to be only available to LE only then go to general public... But I'd like to see it run the testing process..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The only info I can find is at the rem mil website and the down loaded catalog.

the drive band is outside of the bullet and looks like a black belt

Yea I saw a video on it from the shot show, other than that nothing else on it.. I'd like to get a hold of some and try it out into some gel...

Looks like a mechanical locking system, not bonded. Kind of like the Cor-Lokt or the Hornady version of the same principle. I'm betting to have a fancy catch name, and better performance from the GS line without the cost of bonded.

We have not yet tested it, as most agencies around here have gotten away from Remington handgun service caliber ammo due to numerous problems over the years. It does not appear to be bonded.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    the drive band is outside of the bullet and looks like a black belt
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I'm betting to have a fancy catch name, and better performance from the GS line without the cost of bonded.
    Bruce? Jackie?
    No, CHUCK!!!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Yea I've stayed clear of remmington ammo ever since the academy during qualifications I had a primer in backwards,and almost cost me my scores... Thankfully It worked out for me...

How bad were these QC issues?

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Yea I've stayed clear of remmington ammo ever since the academy during qualifications I had a primer in backwards,and almost cost me my scores... Thankfully It worked out for me...
    Its good that it worked out for you, but im sure it taught you to look over all your ammo when you load it. At least it did not happen while you were on patrol. It could have cost you a lot more than your scores. I stay away from all but remmingtons hunting ammo.

User Tag List