Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup/NPE Gun Conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Thanks, the price between the Pro and standard no-lock 442 was $30 so that pays for the Apex kit. My last j had an apex kit in it before I sold it in a moment of weakness. The kit made a big difference in my opinion.
    Was that first responder price? I haven't checked in a while.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    Was that first responder price? I haven't checked in a while.
    I was quoted $330 for a no lock 442.

I like the J-Frame with a Safariland Hip Grip and a pocket holster available... The Hip Grip adds a lot of versatility, and it still fits fairly well in the pocket if a situation arises where I need it there.

I've tried a lot of firearms and found that:
    The Shield is too big to fit in almost all of my pockets, it'd be a IWB pistol for me.

I can't get enough grip on the PM9/CM9 to feel comfortable drawing and firing it consistently, and possibly retaining it in the "F.U.T." (I have large hands)

The Glock 42 is a 380... And I can't quite bring myself to go to the 380... (The grip configuration of the 42 allows me to get my hand higher, and I feel my grip is much stronger than with the PM9/CM9.)

For me... The J-frame fills the role of a "no print option" adequately... It gives me a few carry options when I can't hide a bigger firearm.

Linkscoach, that was the LGS price. I haven't looked into the first responder pricing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I was quoted $330 for a no lock 442.
    If you don't mind telling, where did you get the quote? PM if you like. That's about $100 cheaper than at my LGS so that's a significant deal.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    I like the J-Frame with a Safariland Hip Grip and a pocket holster available... The Hip Grip adds a lot of versatility, and it still fits fairly well in the pocket if a situation arises where I need it there.

I've tried a lot of firearms and found that:
    The Shield is too big to fit in almost all of my pockets, it'd be a IWB pistol for me.

I can't get enough grip on the PM9/CM9 to feel comfortable drawing and firing it consistently, and possibly retaining it in the "F.U.T." (I have large hands)

The Glock 42 is a 380... And I can't quite bring myself to go to the 380... (The grip configuration of the 42 allows me to get my hand higher, and I feel my grip is much stronger than with the PM9/CM9.)

For me... The J-frame fills the role of a "no print option" adequately... It gives me a few carry options when I can't hide a bigger firearm.
    Yeah, you and I are on the exact same page on most every point. I appreciate the advice, hopefully I can make the right choice and spare the expense and trouble of buying 4 guns.

If you don't mind telling, where did you get the quote? PM if you like. That's about $100 cheaper than at my LGS so that's a significant deal.
    That's pretty close to what I remember Quantico quoting a couple years ago. You might also contact G and R tactical. But any authorized S&W dealer should be able to get first responder prices with credentials.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Check your PM please.

Kind of late to the thread, but I'll echo nyeti and GJM. I have bought and sold more J frames and D frames than I can remember. I never really felt adequately armed with them, but I still have a fascination with them.

I carry a G23 all the time, with a G27 on the ankle. I really can't fathom the scenario in which I couldn't conceal at least a G27. Mileage varies.

I really think outside of fashion considerations that nyeti's loyalty to the fanny pack is a wonderful idea. It holds everything one needs and is comfortable, especially if you have back issues from decades of wearing a gun belt, etc. Also, no one besides gun nuts like us know they hold guns. Normal folks just think your fashion-illiterate.

But for $330 I might pick up a no-lock 442 And I am also hoping for the G43 (maybe) to show up in 9mm early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

One assumes you're not seeing the POI issues we experienced with our P230s?

Nope, my 42 is POA/POI out to 15 yrds. Haven't made it to JESTC to check 25.

Ken

User Tag List