Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Your Cold Weather Change Overs

Time Your Cold Weather Change Overs

Making the spring summer to fall winter change overs the past few days. Coil up the hose and put it away. Shut off the outside faucets. Didn't ever get the boat out so I don't have to do that. Put a coat of sealer on the concrete bridge to stop salt damage. Today I've already cleaned out the dog house and burnt the old straw. Hit all the inside surfaces with a torch and then sprayed it all down with permethrin including the electric dog heater and put it in the bottom ready to plug in when I start to feel guilty. Filled it back halfway up with new straw and Sevin Dusted the holy crap out of it all.

That all should take care of any itchy stuff for her all winter. Now on to making some space for me... in the garage. Not the dog house.

Cold weather?
    You mean like way down into the 70's?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Cold weather?
    You mean like way down into the 70's?
    If it gets cold enough, I might have to start wearing pants instead of shorts.

It it gets really cold, like in the 50s, I can break these suckers out.

Summer's over boys. You'll be out there in the freezing rain wishing you'd have listened... Deer season will be here in a month or less, you'll get busy and boom. "I haven't used this since I don't know when. I should have put it away BEFORE it was frozen to the ground.

Not saying it's a emergency or anything, just say'n when I'm using it now any way, it's easy to put away for the winter now than it will be in another month. After Labor Day, put it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    I should have put it away BEFORE it was frozen to the ground.
    Frozen to the ground? WTF does that mean? The only ice we get here is at the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    Summer's over boys. You'll be out there in the freezing rain wishing you'd have listened... Deer season will be here in a month or less, you'll get busy and boom. "I haven't used this since I don't know when. I should have put it away BEFORE it was frozen to the ground.

Not saying it's a emergency or anything, just say'n when I'm using it now any way, it's easy to put away for the winter now than it will be in another month. After Labor Day, put it away.
    About 45 minutes north of my house is a town called Frostproof.

I don't think I have to worry much about freezing rain. Though sometimes my ice clumps together in my drink, but never enough that the drink isn't drinkable.

Oh man, I need to get ready for deer season....
    #RESIST

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Hose?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

OK, you win. Sorry I brought it up and on top of that it irritates the crap out of me I can't edit my spelling and grammar mistakes.

IT KEEPS ME WARM

User Tag List