Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Glockers: any Ghost Rocket trigger connector/Ghost duty spring kit users?

Hey Glockers: any Ghost Rocket trigger connector/Ghost duty spring kit users?

My friendly local range/shop/training facility is offering a package to fit the connector/set the overtravel and swap the springs on any standard Glock. It's cheap enough that I may as well pay their grown up smith to do the whole deal instead of me possibly botching the connector fitting while swapping things. I'm sure they'll do a good job, and they say roughly 4.5 pounds/no overtravel as a result.

Anyone using this setup? Pros/Cons? Thanks in advance for weighing in.

Not sure about setting overtravel, but everything else you listed is a matter of swapping parts, which you can learn in about nine minutes on YouTube. Connectors don't require fitting as far as I know. Polishing maybe, but not fitting.

But if you're just curious and get your old parts back, why not?

Okie John

Don't let them over complicate it! You file a single tab on the connector (dremel tool rocks for this. You can file off half immediately). Pretty hard to screw up

The Ghost Rocket, Evo Elite and Pro all require fitting. They will not function until the over travel tab is filed down.

That being said, it is simple to do and takes about 30 mins max.

OP, only you can decide if it's worth paying someone else to do it. Personally, I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Not sure about setting overtravel, but everything else you listed is a matter of swapping parts, which you can learn in about nine minutes on YouTube. Connectors don't require fitting as far as I know. Polishing maybe, but not fitting.

But if you're just curious and get your old parts back, why not?

Okie John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put a 4.5# Ghost Ranger connector in a G19 and that gun has a couple thousand problem-free rounds through it since the swap.

Site Supporter
    I wouldn't do it. Stay with the OEM connector and shoot the gun. Every aftermarket connector takes a crap in the bed. If it's a play gun, spend your money that could've bought ammo. If it's a serious gun, just run away.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I tried a rocket...and decided that like all glock aftermarket connectors, there was pretty much nothing earth shattering about the new connector. I shoot exactly the same with aftermarket connectors as I do with OEM. It's sorta "meh" for me.

I really like the Taran Tactical Innovations connector kit. I've shot it in USPSA and classes with Pannone and Proctor without issue.

I appreciate the input thus far, folks. I have detail stripped a 19 in days past, so my question was less "how" and more "are the results worth the effort". I can see the jury split on this; that said, I'm thinking I will probably just do a .25c on my 17 at some point and continue limping along OEM.

Or not; it's cheap enough to have the local guy do the kit over lunch sometime that I might just see for myself. I can always drop the OEM parts back in after a fluff if I don't like it.

Further input always welcome though, if anyone else has experience with this ghost kit/setup.

"I wouldn't do it. Stay with the OEM connector and shoot the gun. Every aftermarket connector takes a crap in the bed. If it's a play gun, spend your money that could've bought ammo. If it's a serious gun, just run away. "
    This. In spades.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List