Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Group shooting -- 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards

Subscribed!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    There is nothing magical about bullets in flight. As long the bullet remains stable and wind is not a factor, a 2" group at 25 will be a 4"group at 50.
    We figured we were 3 inches at 25, 12 inches at 100, and therefore an 8 inch steel target was too small at 100. Something bigger, that can frequently be painted to show your hits is better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We figured we were 3 inches at 25, 12 inches at 100, and therefore an 8 inch steel target was too small at 100. Something bigger, that can frequently be painted to show your hits is better.
    you need some 12" steel...

Interesting drills -- its been years since I have done any group shooting at ranges -- I usually try to sneak some 50-100m pop up targets in once a month, but have not gone and grouped anything -- something to do.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

A little off subject: would you attribute the accuracy of the G17, in part, to the Wilson barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by mongooseman View Post
    A little off subject: would you attribute the accuracy of the G17, in part, to the Wilson barrel?
    Maybe. My 17 with the Wilson shoots amazingly well. That said, I have an older OD Gen 3 17 with an OEM barrel, chopped to 19 butt length, that shoots equally well -- better than what I associate with other G3 17s I have.

In my experience, the Gen 3 pistols have better triggers and the G4 pistols shoot more accurately. With a Wilson barrel, one can have the best of both trigger and accuracy.

I find Glocks to be fairly accurate. Trigger control is what messes most people up. Here is a group fired from a sandbag rest at 50 yds with a stock gen 3 (mfg 2009) Glock 26, trijicon sights.

Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    I find Glocks to be fairly accurate. Trigger control is what messes most people up. Here is a group fired from a sandbag rest at 50 yds with a stock gen 3 (mfg 2009) Glock 26, trijicon sights.

Ha!

G26s rock! That's pretty cool.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

GJM, Good work. What ammo ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    GJM, Good work. What ammo ?
    Not my group!

User Tag List