Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Heckler & Koch VP9 with Law Enforcement Ammunition

A Gen4 Glock (rebarreled) can be as precise as a VP9.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I am curious as to what the same exact test would produce with a Glock 17 and other similar competitors (M&P9, etc). Without repeating the same experiment with the Glock, it seems basically impossible to compare their mechanical accuracy. I have no doubt that, out of the box, both are

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    So I guess mine is a V2, then. Because it is stock as well; I'll have a look at the box label when I get home.
    When you decide to shoot the P30 and a Glock again let me know and I will bring a Gen 4 Glock to the range with a good trigger.
    I am sure you will shoot your P30 better but I think the groups will be comparable.
    The groups from the two VP9 pistols I shot at 25 yards were comparable to my Gen 4 G34 groups at 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My question goes to the practical accuracy -- meaning the accuracy one achieves when shooting from positions other than the bench, and especially with time pressure.
    I understood that; which is why I also mentioned that most of the shooting was done standing free style, with and without barricade support. Barricade support is intended to simulate using available cover as a rest, such as a wall, corner, etc. Admittedly, I wasn't timing myself… but I'm reasonably certain that doing so would only have made the respective groups larger, and that the proportions would have remained basically the same.

Indeed, the NY spring blows big-time for precision shooting. But it is a REAL good idea for a carry piece, due to the exceedingly positive reset and near-total lack of potential of breaking at a bad time.

By "crisp", I mean it breaks clean; as opposed to the G19/NY1 arrangement which feels like more of a mash. Weight of my P30's break is 6-8#, estimated. That said, I'll bring it to the lab tomorrow and put the weights on it. I never really worried about it before (and still don't), but my curiosity is now aroused.

I think you're right about the personal preference angle. When it gets right down to the nut-cutting, a competent shooter should be able to deliver accurate fire with any handgun that possesses good mechanical accuracy, adequate sights, and a decent trigger. What's "good", "adequate", and "decent" for me may well not work so hot for you; and vice versa.

But it makes for interesting discourse. I'm definitely going to our agency outdoor range when the weather breaks, and try some more of this at the long line with all three pistols (P30, 92F, P229R).

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    When you decide to shoot the P30 and a Glock again let me know and I will bring a Gen 4 Glock to the range with a good trigger.
    I am sure you will shoot your P30 better but I think the groups will be comparable.
    Sure; if you don't mind coming out to JESTC. Ya'll's range is… not ideally located.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post

A Gen4 Glock (rebarreled) can be as precise as a VP9.

The barrel fit on the dozens of Gen 4 Glocks I've handled are slightly better fit than the Gen 3's made in the same period, some Gen 4 G19's test shot a month ago that I've handled have no movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    The barrel fit on the dozens of Gen 4 Glocks I've handled are slightly better fit than the Gen 3's made in the same period, some Gen 4 G19's test shot a month ago that I've handled have no movement.
    Same results here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Sure; if you don't mind coming out to JESTC. Ya'll's range is… not ideally located.

I miss those ranges at JESTC. Had some great times working hard with a bunch of unbelievable guys there. Shot a TON of ammo...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Is there some sort of standard method of evaluating barrel fit without digging out the calipers? Everyone I ask seems to have a different technique.

I want to know where he found P9HST2 ammo at.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List