Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Keeper vs JM Custom Kydex AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    JM for 92A1

That looks like a winner. I bet the foam works a lot better than what I use. (mole skin) After awhile it curls up at the edges. I hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    JM split loop and solid loop.

Why do you guys prefer the above attachments over the old school pull the dot loops. ? I been using IWB w/ pull the dot loops for yrs. now and they haven't been a single problem. Of coarse I always bought quality IWB holsters to. I tried plastic clips and hooks and had problems. I haven't ever tried the split loop or solid.
    As weird as this sounds, it's been my experience that the pull-the-dot straps often end up printing more than the gun. That's held true for a CCC Shaggy, a Fricke Archangel, a Dark Star Gear AIWB, and a JM AIWB. I had a solid loop for the Shaggy which printed less, but didn't work as well because of the belt loops on my jeans. I've got a holster on order from Mr. Mayer for a MK-25 that's to use the split loops. Hopefully they'll work well for me.

Sboers, that's my experience as well. I trimmed the snap loops on my JMCK and that helped, but I use the split loop now.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    As weird as this sounds, it's been my experience that the pull-the-dot straps often end up printing more than the gun. That's held true for a CCC Shaggy, a Fricke Archangel, a Dark Star Gear AIWB, and a JM AIWB. I had a solid loop for the Shaggy which printed less, but didn't work as well because of the belt loops on my jeans. I've got a holster on order from Mr. Mayer for a MK-25 that's to use the split loops. Hopefully they'll work well for me.
    I just recently bought two JM Custom AIWB holsters on the secondary market, one with solid loop and one with pull the dot. I've only been experimenting a bit, but I found the same as you. My goal is reasonable concealment in a t-shirt, and I found that the pull the dot loops were not snug enough on my belt to prevent from printing through the t-shirt draping over my belt-line. Given how oblivious the majority of folks are, I doubt it would be a problem, but I've found no downside to using the solid loop instead since I don't need to remove my holster frequently through a normal day.

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    As weird as this sounds, it's been my experience that the pull-the-dot straps often end up printing more than the gun.
    Same here.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Same here.
    The strap or the snap? If the strap, try tightening it one more notch. Makes it hard to fasten but wraps tighter around the belt so less printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That looks like a winner. I bet the foam works a lot better than what I use. (mole skin) After awhile it curls up at the edges. I hate that.
    I was going to try this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001HW...dir_mdp_mobile

User Tag List