Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeper vs JM Custom Kydex AIWB

Question Keeper vs JM Custom Kydex AIWB

Hello to everyone on the forum! I'm new here and fairly new in the concealed carry world.

I have been reading EXTENSIVELY on holsters, particularly AIWB, on various forums. I already own a N82 holster for my M&P Shield but am still not totally sold on it on concealability and comfort (appendix position at least). I also have a Remora but that's another story.

To the point. Even after reading countless threads on these two holsters (Keeper, JM) I haven't seen them properly compared to each other. I have seen the JM compared to the Shaggy and others buuuuut this thread is contemplating the Keeper and the JM (which, from what I have seen and IMHO, is a better holster than the Shaggy).

Hopefully some of you have both holsters and can compare them for us other carriers that are looking for the perfect AIWB. Pictures would be really helpful!

I know the Keeper is more expensive but IMO a better holster is a better holster. So let's get it on! Thanks in advance to all posters!

I have all of the mentioned holsters for both Glocks and M&P's--I strongly prefer the JM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I have all of the mentioned holsters for both Glocks and M&P's--I strongly prefer the JM.
    Great! Would you mind comparing them? Maybe pluses and cons, any help is appreciated!

For my body shape the JM conceals better and is more comfortable. YOU will have to find out what works best for YOU.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Had both. Still have the JM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by FerBoCarbo View Post
    Hello to everyone on the forum! I'm new here and fairly new in the concealed carry world.

I have been reading EXTENSIVELY on holsters, particularly AIWB, on various forums. I already own a N82 holster for my M&P Shield but am still not totally sold on it on concealability and comfort (appendix position at least). I also have a Remora but that's another story.

To the point. Even after reading countless threads on these two holsters (Keeper, JM) I haven't seen them properly compared to each other. I have seen the JM compared to the Shaggy and others buuuuut this thread is contemplating the Keeper and the JM (which, from what I have seen and IMHO, is a better holster than the Shaggy).

Hopefully some of you have both holsters and can compare them for us other carriers that are looking for the perfect AIWB. Pictures would be really helpful!

I know the Keeper is more expensive but IMO a better holster is a better holster. So let's get it on! Thanks in advance to all posters!
    I don't own a Keepers AIWB but I own a JM AIWB Holster and when considering AIWB holsters my selection process narrowed it down to those two with JM being the winner obviously. The reasons I chose JM were, JM is a more established company. Also I gathered from reading through post on this forum that Spencer can be a bit hard to get a hold of which led me to be concerned about his customer service. JM customer service is second to none. Also Price, I can get a holster and mag carrier from JM for less then what I can get a holster alone from Keepers. I'm not saying Spencer is a bad guy or his holster is no good. I'm sure it's a great holster. All I'm saying is with a lifetime warranty, outstanding customer service, and Tony willing to customize your holster almost anyway possible for half the price. Get a JM rig and have Tony add some Velcro and whatever other tweaks you want. Then as always use the money you saved and buy some ammo. After wearing your holster for a while if you realize you want something adjusted I'm sure Tony would have no problem accommodating you.

I also have all three holsters (CCC, JM, Keeper) and find the JM and Keeper (using the small foam wedge, I think) work equally well for me when carrying a full sized gun and I have no problem using them interchangeably. The Shaggy doesn't conceal nearly as well for me, but otherwise a good holster. I think for my body type, the extra tuck feature on the JM and Keeper are a must have.

If I had to do it over again, I would buy a JM with extra tuck and call it a day but the only difference tipping the scale on that decision is the price. That being said, I'm carrying a full sized gun and have never carried a sub-compact. I have no idea how that might change if I was carrying a sub compact.

Site Supporter
    I've owned all of these. Still own multiple JM's and currently have an order in for another one. Conceals the best for me. Also really like the JRC CDA.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    For my body shape the JM conceals better and is more comfortable. YOU will have to find out what works best for YOU.
    I know it's up to me in the end but when you get help from other willing beings, life becomes easier(and cheaper too ).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Had both. Still have the JM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I don't own a Keepers AIWB but I own a JM AIWB Holster and when considering AIWB holsters my selection process narrowed it down to those two with JM being the winner obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    If I had to do it over again, I would buy a JM with extra tuck and call it a day but the only difference tipping the scale on that decision is the price. That being said, I'm carrying a full sized gun and have never carried a sub-compact. I have no idea how that might change if I was carrying a sub compact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've owned all of these. Still own multiple JM's and currently have an order in for another one. Conceals the best for me. Also really like the JRC CDA.
    Thanks for the replies! Answers so far have been as expected with the JM on top. I just get a better feeling from JM over Keepers.

Something about the Keeper that makes me doubtful are the foam wedges since they make the holster a little bulky if I needed to remove the holster a couple of times in the day for any reason. If they do make the holster a lot more comfortable I guess I wouldn't mind them. Though I contacted JM yesterday asking about comfort without an undershirt (I'm not a fan) and he said he could glue a "comfort pad" to the back which would put it back on top anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by FerBoCarbo View Post
    I contacted JM yesterday asking about comfort without an undershirt (I'm not a fan) and he said he could glue a "comfort pad" to the back
    FWIW I carry my JMCK holsters without an undershirt about 70% of the time. Felt a little odd at first but I don't notice it now.

Also, just to throw this out... I started off with the belt loops on my first JMCK because I thought I'd want/need to remove the holster throughout the day, as I had with the previous kydex offerings I'd tried. I've since switched to using the split kydex loop on my holsters, though, because I find it prints less and, really, it is just as easy to remove the holster by undoing my belt if it comes to that. The comfort I've experienced with JMCK lends itself to all day wear, though, so it has been a non-issue.
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List