Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morning Bench Shots

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post

That's one niiiiiiiiiiiice barrel, BTW.
    Bill, I wonder if you have any additional comments on that Wilson G34 barrel? I have been considering Wilson barrels for my G34s, but am unsure. I have been disappointed each time I've tried aftermarket barrels (not Wilson, though) at failing to realize any more accuracy than with the OEM barrel. Of course, that may be my inability to realize the accuracy. Still, was curious if you could explain what about the Wilson barrel makes it so nice in your opinion.

Thank you!

Gabe
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Bill, I wonder if you have any additional comments on that Wilson G34 barrel? I have been considering Wilson barrels for my G34s, but am unsure. I have been disappointed each time I've tried aftermarket barrels (not Wilson, though) at failing to realize any more accuracy than with the OEM barrel. Of course, that may be my inability to realize the accuracy. Still, was curious if you could explain what about the Wilson barrel makes it so nice in your opinion.

Thank you!

Gabe
    Which bbls have you tried that didn't deliver?

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Yes, Glock slides do make great kick stands.
    I laughed.

Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    Which bbls have you tried that didn't deliver?
    One was KKM, and the other I am not remembering.

I'm not convinced there was no actual difference, just that I couldn't find one. I mostly blame myself, with an asterisk of wondering whether the barrel was actually any better than OEM. It was a really short evaluation and the barrels were not fitted, so no serious slight on those barrel makers. But when I tried shooting them, I was disappointed at not shooting any better with them at 25 yards.
    Lord of the Food Court

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    One was KKM, and the other I am not remembering.

I'm not convinced there was no actual difference, just that I couldn't find one. I mostly blame myself, with an asterisk of wondering whether the barrel was actually any better than OEM. It was a really short evaluation and the barrels were not fitted, so no serious slight on those barrel makers. But when I tried shooting them, I was disappointed at not shooting any better with them at 25 yards.
    I gather that one can do some fairly excellent shooting with a OEM glock 34 barrel...

Pretty much the reason I haven't bought an aftermarket barrel. And I also suck at shooting at 25 yards....

The Wilson Combat Glock 17 barrel fit slightly better than oem and the KKM slightly worse in my old Gen 4 G17, the same KKM fits better than my newest Gen 4 G17. Group wise I didn't do a to of testing in the old gun but the WC had a slightly better group than oem and the KKM was about the same with similar ammo. IMO, the fitting is the most important and I'd love to have an oversized gunsmith fit barrel regardless if it's Wilson, KKM or Bar-Sto.

Thanks for the comments, Shenaniguns!
    Lord of the Food Court

Site Supporter
    Has anyone fit an oversize BarSto themselves?

Yes I have. Nothing too it.

More bench shots, or sort of anyway -

So, can do silver, black, grey, and now OD/FDE in nickel. Kinda neat what you can do with nickel oxides and tungsten oxides.

Cheers

Was the front of the frame not treated,leading to the two tone effect? Also, what maker's mark?

User Tag List