Thread: S&W Model 66-3 help

S&W Model 66-3 help

I have a S&W model 66-3 .357 revolver. It is missing screw just above the trigger on the frame that I would like to replace but have no idea what its called or where to buy it. Can someone help.

Thank you.

You can call S&W directly and you may get the screw for free. I have also had good luck sourcing parts from gunpartscorp.com.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

It's called the "Yoke Screw" ..... the old style will come a little long and must be fitted by filing its length to match the cutout in the yoke. The newer style is a spring loaded plunger fit.

S&W will likely ship you one for little if any charge. I checked Numrich/Gun Parts and Midway and they're out of stock right now.

Brownell's show it to be in stock: http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod15397.aspx
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Thank you 41magfan and rsa-otc.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    I have a S&W model 66-3 .357 revolver. It is missing screw just above the trigger on the frame that I would like to replace but have no idea what its called or where to buy it. Can someone help.

Thank you.

By the way. That is a very nice revolver.

Thanks, was my dad's detective gun. I have no idea at what point the yoke screw came out. Hasn't been shot in 15+ years. Wanted to get it back to working order and put some rounds through it.

received my yoke screw from Brownells, fixed the problem. Thanks for all the help.

Glad it worked out. That's too nice a gun to be incomplete.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post

Thank you.

Nice snub

My father use to carry one.

I borrowed it one day to take fishing. I was going out 5miles off red fish pass and caught a nice 6 foot BT.

I went to shoot the BT head and soon as I squeezed the trigger the shark thrashed and I hit the wire leader.

Boy was I pissed. It was one of the biggest BT .

User Tag List