Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Why Through Hardening Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Let's not sugar coat stuff, we were actually laughing at you and the tears you cried.

ETA, anyone want to guess the hardness of the area w/ the problem? I'll give you a hint, it's the same as the IQ of the average bromancer/boot licker.
    So what is the #4130 magic markered inside the slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    This sort of thing makes me wonder if I should just buy a Glock lower and add an aftermarket stainless slide the next time I am in the market for a new 9mm
    My question is related. While it is really ugly, with a 9mm do those defects matter? That is, is it likely they will lead to unreliability or a lack of service life?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Let's not sugar coat stuff, we were actually laughing at you and the tears you cried.

ETA, anyone want to guess the hardness of the area w/ the problem? I'll give you a hint, it's the same as the IQ of the average bromancer/boot licker.
    What was funny was the look on The Minion's face. "Uhhhhh, did I do that?"
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    This sort of thing makes me wonder if I should just buy a Glock lower and add an aftermarket stainless slide the next time I am in the market for a new 9mm
    Been wondering exactly the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Been wondering exactly the same thing
    Stuff happens. Are you ready for it? We can buy based on low price, tell ourselves its good enough, (indeed, after all, good enough for 60+% of police, USPSA production, IDPA SSP, growing number of militaries), and pay the smallish incremental up charges for sights, trigger jobs, grip mods, stippling and now slides.....

Or reason to think hard about VP9, Sig 320?

Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    Stuff happens. Are you ready for it? We can buy based on low price, tell ourselves its good enough, (indeed, after all, good enough for 60+% of police, USPSA production, IDPA SSP, growing number of militaries), and pay the smallish incremental up charges for sights, trigger jobs, grip mods, stippling and now slides.....

Or reason to think hard about VP9, Sig 320?
    I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Sure stuff happens, to any gun, but I buy and carry Glocks because they fit me and I can shoot them well, not because they're inexpensive; I don't need to do grip mods, stippling, trigger jobs or even install larger mag releases nor slide stops, all I change are the sights. So for a gun that I like to shoot a lot, wondering about changing to a perhaps more durable slide makes sense to me.

User Tag List