Thread: Glock 32 possible frame damage

Glock 32 possible frame damage

Noticed this oddness in a Glock 32 frame today. In the back corner there, it looks exactly like peeling paint or a coating of some sort. Except this is a factory OD gun and the color is molded in. Almost like the polymer is coming apart or delaminating. You can peel it back a bit with the tip of a punch. Any ideas? Send it to Glock?

I took it outside and got a closer look with a loupe. The plastic's very, very thin in that spot and there's actually a bit of the rear frame rail insert that's exposed. I don't think it will be a problem.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    You know I gotta go look in the range bag at my G19 tomorrow, just to see. (Although any exposed metal would be hard to spot under the filth, )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

This one was detail-stripped for a thorough cleaning after probably 1500 rounds. It was pretty dirty, particularly in the slide. I'm guessing that .357 SIG, with its higher pressure and faster slide velocity, causes a little more primer wipe than other calibers. The whole striker channel/firing pin safety/extractor area was gunked up pretty good with tiny shavings. I also replaced the slide lock spring since it was noticeably losing tension.

One neat thing about the OD and FDE Glocks is you can easily see just how filthy your lower is getting

Quote Originally Posted by irascible_joe View Post
    I'm guessing that .357 SIG, with its higher pressure and faster slide velocity, causes a little more primer wipe than other calibers. The whole striker channel/firing pin safety/extractor area was gunked up pretty good with tiny shavings. I also replaced the slide lock spring since it was noticeably losing tension.
    On a related note, a Glock 32 is the only one I've seen crack a slide with my own two eyes. Customer was shooting the rental gun at CCA and it suddenly started shooting to the left. When he came off the range to say something, it triggered memories of old threads at GlockTalk and I blurted "Slide's cracked."

Sure enough, it was cracked all the way through on the right side below the ejection port.

Site Supporter
    Tamara,

I cracked a G17 slide on a Gen 2 gun at about 65K rounds. It did the same thing: a sudden group to the left.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Tamara,

I cracked a G17 slide on a Gen 2 gun at about 65K rounds. It did the same thing: a sudden group to the left.
    Yup. I'd heard tell of it happening, but never seen it before then. Having seen those slide pics from Bill recently, now I'm wondering what triggers that particular failure mode.

now I'm wondering what triggers that particular failure mode

I cracked a G17 slide on a Gen 2 gun at about 65K rounds.
    Might be related......

User Tag List