Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you have to learn the hard way about gear for training

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    As I am reading this I am thinking about an abscess I had a couple of years ago that I drained myself.

When I went to the doctor her response was "Draining it was the proper treatment, but doing it yourself with a leatherman wasn't the best idea."
    Yeah.....I'm kinda known for doing that as well
    #RESIST

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    It's the "You poor thing" look they give you when you say "But I heated it up over a Zippo first!" that gets to me.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It's the "You poor thing" look they give you when you say "But I heated it up over a Zippo first!" that gets to me.
    Flame and rubbing alcohol is what I use
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I typically get more of a baffled "How are you still alive?" look.

But I used hibiclens.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Sensei, my infectious diseases doc brother in law said the same about early treatment and aspiration/testing. I'm relaying your words to him.
    Sounds good. It's easy for me to MMQB the situation having all of the facts. So, I do not want to come across as critical of your doctors. I'm glad that you are back on the path to recovery. Now, be a good patient and take all of your Zyvox...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    *tosses wadded up envelope over shoulder*

All those House DVDs for nothin'.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Sounds good. It's easy for me to MMQB the situation having all of the facts. So, I do not want to come across as critical of your doctors. I'm glad that you are back on the path to recovery. Now, be a good patient and take all of your Zyvox...
    Zyvox is all gone now
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Flame and rubbing alcohol is what I use
    When I was working in a bio lab around infectious bacteria, my favorite way to sterilize the lab tables was to douse them in alcohol and light them on fire. At least it was my favorite, until the lab manager got pissed at me. It wasn't so much that she mad I was setting the tables on fire, I think it was more, I was setting them on fire, without her.

When we did field sterilizations of equipment for microbio work the default was to slather the instrument with hand sanitzer and hit it with your lighter. Torch lighters are nice at 10,000 feet in the wind.

-Rob

Glad to read that the infection is responding to treatment. These bugs today are much too scary to ignore.

The bottom line is that non-surgeons need to get over their own fear of needles and knives so that patients such as you do not suffer a delay in definitive therapy.
    I'm only one state south, can you be my Doc? Please?

User Tag List