Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Polishing a turd

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That is a crazy story. Great job on keeping you head together. Are your still friends with the guy who shot you? Did you beat his ass after you recovered?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    That is a crazy story. Great job on keeping you head together. Are your still friends with the guy who shot you? Did you beat his ass after you recovered?
    No and no. Lawsuits are more deadly than beatings.
    #RESIST

No and no. Lawsuits are more deadly than beatings.
    True. Very impressed with how you handled the situation. Great blog too by the way.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've never believed the CZ hype, personally. I assume the highlighted issues are the result of sloppy casting and QC.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I guess the question could be asked whether any of these issues are likely to affect the functional aspects of the gun.

Granted I'd still be pissed off, but less so if it was an ugly but functional piece than if it was an ugly and functionally deficient piece.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    Bill, what is the build date on the barrel? I am curious how old/new this gun is and how that relates to the quality of the gun.

Wow......

Quote Originally Posted by codisimo View Post
    Bill, what is the build date on the barrel? I am curious how old/new this gun is and how that relates to the quality of the gun.
    I emailed with someone at CZ Custom. They advised that the serial # A144XXX is an "older" one, as currently they're in the B505XXX range. And this indeed is casting pits and occurs "from time to time."

Were all those imperfections apparent with the factory poly coat, or were they filled in by the factory finish treatment?

User Tag List