Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Israeli point shooting method?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    FYSA - Israel has no accepted Tier1 entity. There are 6 Internationally (peer) accepted Tier1 entities - 2 of those SMU's reside in the US, 1 in Australia, 1 in UK, 1 in Canada and 1 in Germany.
    Kevin: While I don't doubt your statement about peer acceptance, the Sayeret Matkal has had a pretty good track record, including Entebbe--an operation that helped to lead to the formation of our own military anti-terror/hostage rescue units. That doesn't mean that I would accept their training methods as being superior (one thing about exclusive units is they can develop a "not-invented-here" tendency over time) but from the start it has shown the ability to not let conventional wisdom stop it from carrying out truly extraordinary actions.

Over the length of its existence, it probably rivals the British unit on the number of extremely difficult ops it has carried out successfully (constantly being at war does that) though my guess is that over the last 13 years the American units have come much closer to evening that score.

Man with that first dude rounds the corner and yells "BADADADADADADADA" i was waiting for him to finish with "BAT-MAN!"

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    If you can watch this and not laugh, please let us know.

They do this stuff at a range in my area.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    FYSA - Israel has no accepted Tier1 entity. There are 6 Internationally (peer) accepted Tier1 entities - 2 of those SMU's reside in the US, 1 in Australia, 1 in UK, 1 in Canada and 1 in Germany.
    I was unaware of any formal standard or definition. When I refer to as Tier 1 is simply the upper level of special-operations units in a given country or region. To me, Tier 1 is a way of saying highest quality or highest competency. That's all.
    www.inshadowinlight.com

https://amazon.com/CR-Williams/e/B0751SZZ85/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

It's not a euphemism that emerged from the ether; would it be beneficial for you to look up what it really means?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I just finished reading Brotherhood of Warriors by Aaron Cohen. He mentions how IDF uses a form of "point shooting" method in CQB applications that still allows for a lot of accuracy. Has anybody had first hand experience with this method and its use/was taught it?
    I am curious to hear more about it.

Thanks!
    I was taught in the Israeli Technique by real Israelis. I like it and have found it to be a viable alternative to other techniques. It is not as precise as sight-focused shooting but for what it was designed for it works well. My instruction was similar to what CR Williams listed, except we did work from C3. Most folks were surprised at how fast and accurate they could be after jsut a little training. And I think that may be the key to the issue. Many of us are very well trained with lots of time and experience under us doing sighted fire from loaded chambers. Where the Israeli method comes in on top is for those with minimal time or training, IMO. It provides a generic platform that offers reasonable safety with acceptable accuracy at a very basic level of instruction.
    Last edited by David Armstrong; 09-10-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

grumble grumble grumble...misfire, double tap, AD/ND...groumble grumble grumble
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Site Supporter
    I've point shot at close ranges fairly regularly with long arms in competition where you're 3 yards from the target.

The competition rules are two on the torso.

Now after typing that I sit here and think what god awful training scars that might be creating.

But with a long arm I'm able to keep it fairly tight with an AR inside those ranges.

That being said there are also hostage targets and for those I use sights, every time. Longer distances as well.
    Last edited by BWT; 09-15-2014 at 09:49 PM.

User Tag List